Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Carpets

zoy

hello guys

54 plate 2litre tdci ghia x estate

yet again another few days of sleepless nights

wifes about to give birth any day and the cars broken its waters!!!!

front drivers side carpet drenched

drivers side rear passenger footwell carpet drenched

around the pedals at the drivers footwell top and around the edges all dry

underneath driver seat is dry

loads of water had gathered up at drivers footwell luckily got a hoover that picks up water, done a good job!

few days later same thing

went to town on all the drainage holes underneath doors with a thin screwdriver all d doors

at the front where d wipers are and plastic trim,cleaned all that area , cleaned out all the drainage holes , all the leafs etc, took my time!

i have to point out this was all recent ,noticed it at the time of that storm we had a few weeks ago, also its been chucking it down on the regulars since that storm so the car like all others has taken its fare share of rain hitting it!

noticed its not really rectified the problem!

after it rains im out there with the water sucker hoover

getting on my nerves now

it must be a common problem and a common solution to it!

if anyone can help , pls do, i thought it was my other half that was gonna get the carpets wet lol

the car has beaten her to it!!!!!!

I suspect the front may be related to windscreen seals. You might want to get this checked out?

Daft as it sounds don't ignore the back of the vehicle. I had a Sierra some years ago which developed a swimming pool round the driver's feet. The carpet wasn't just damp, there was actually liquid water visible on the top of the carpet. After a lot of effort I found the problem - the seal around the offside rear light cluster had given up, and with the carpets lifted I could follow the path of the water all the way to the driver's feet. Replaced the seal (well, bodged it with sealant!), used a Vax on the carpets, no more problem.

Good luck with the other impending source of water leakage! :)

• Like 1

thanks chris!

will have a butchers at the rear around the back etc and check the light clusters!

been doing my homework reading other threads on other sites.

some say it could be a seal around the bulkhead where the fresh air comes in through a vent

another saying door cards etc remove and reseal the plastic membrane inside.

another saying that remove carpet and plastic trim around the bottom drivers footwell where it meets the door

remove some electric units underneath drivers side dash in the corner and behind that you will see some yellow filler which

should be a bit discolored brownish, and thats where the water is coming through ,reseal with sealant and refit, end of water coming in!

what a joke and what a carry on, my only saving grace is the water hoover i got lol!

noticed as well because of the condensation in the car, windows and windscreen steamed up when i get in motor in the morning.

takes donkeys to clear the screen lol

since iv had motor pure grief and assache, tensioner egr manifold intercooler pipe twice, limp mode, injector issues, dmf knocking, and now got a p2263 code, been told to replace maf sensor, etc or the killer blow,, turbo replacement lol what a joke!

every problem has so many different answers and codes and grief!

never going to buy ford again in my life, even if someone offered me 1 on the house, go tell them to take a hike ,thanks but no thanks!

say what you like everyone,,jap motors are the best and most relaible!! more reliable than ford anyway!

there was a old saying in the 70s 80s FORD AND PROUD OF IT! lol lol lol

that saying is extinct!!

never going to buy ford again in my life, even if someone offered me 1 on the house, go tell them to take a hike ,thanks but no thanks!

say what you like everyone,,!Removed! motors are the best and most relaible!! more reliable than ford anyway!

there was a old saying in the 70s 80s FORD AND PROUD OF IT! lol lol lol

that saying is extinct!!

Each to his own - I can't wait to drive the blue oval again then I can bin this Rover. In terms of mileage (56,000) and condition (excellent) it's the best car I've ever had in 35 years of driving, but I've only had it since June and I just don't like it. I've had Sierras, a Cortina, and a Mk3 Granada which I loved to bits and kept for far too long, so I guess I'm just a Ford man! :)

that is a bygone era!

my old man used to have the zepher , lotus cortina, granadas . 3litre s capris , he worked for fords at the dagenham works!

had a few granadas as well!

i was bought up in them cars, the days where as a kid you could stand up in the back lol

thing is they dont make motors like that anymore, they could take a hammering and keep going

simple to work on and quick fixes

now its just get shafted time on these so called environmentally friendly cars, nonsense!

next car im getting is gna be classic, at least wen it messes up il have half a chance!

forget the expense, im sure i will not lose more money that iv lost on this 2litre tdci! !Removed! engine!

• Like 1

that is a bygone era!

my old man used to have the zepher , lotus cortina, granadas . 3litre s capris , he worked for fords at the dagenham works!

i was bought up in them cars, the days where as a kid you could stand up in the back lol

thing is they dont make motors like that anymore, they could take a hammering and keep going

now its just get shafted time on these so called environmentally friendly cars, nonsense!

next car im getting is gna be classic, at least wen it messes up il have half a chance!

forget the expense, im sure i will not lose more money that iv lost on this 2litre tdci! !Removed! engine!

bang on there 100%. ah carburettors. memories :)

that is a bygone era!

I agree with you, cars are so complicated these days, they're basically computers on wheels, and there are so many sensors required to feed the computer with data, if one of them throws a wobbly the computer doesn't know what to do and so goes into limp mode or stops working completely. You see so many newish cars on tilt'n'slides, it's usually engine management related. They're all the same though, I'm a member of a Rover 75 board (I wanted to find out how to sabotage a few of my car's more annoying features) and there are people on their saying they'll never buy another because so much has gone wrong with theirs. A classic could be the way to go, more fun driving it and probably cheaper too. I perhaps wouldn't have a car like my Dad's (1935 Austin 10!), but a Granada, Sierra or Cortina could be worth a punt. For real driving fun, though, you need a fire engine... :D

an old austin ten

now thats a proper classic

old skool motoring! best way to go!

all this car has given me is headache

its got good features on it

touchscreen ,climate control, heated seats ,electric seats which have never worked, !Removed! lighter never worked, xenons lights, alloys

cruise control, front electric screen and a few more little handy things

but the faults on it, omg, better of with a roller! lol

now i got this wet carpet problem and its doing my knacker in!

as if i aint got enough grief with the lump and now this!

id like to meet the guy that designed this engine, love to go to town on him, and get my money back off him!

i want one of them old mercs ,their bomb proof, cant go wrong!the old tank ones!

safe comfortable and durable, wont be giving me no codes will it! lol

amount of times iv had the egr off, intercooler pipe splitting , starter going on me!

now the dmf is knocking, thanks a lot

got a monkey in money written all over it!

the damn thing wont budge from limp mode

car aint worth a toss

feel like getting my baseball bat and going to town on it!

i was thinking, if i did that it would probably give me a code! p000000000000000000000000000000000000000 non starter lol

What you need is a nice Rover 75 - a good solid reliable executive saloon. As it happens I have one which I might be prepared to let go.. ;)

Called the Rover 75 because really you need to be 75 or over to own one. The body is painted Nightmare Red (Rover called it Nightfire Red) - it's kind of like a metallic bloodclot. Untameable air-conditioning which insists on switching to recirculate whenever it decides you need to re-breathe your own sweat, farts and pipe smoke, which will doubtless appeal to those who developed a hatred of fresh air because their Nannies made them sleep with the bedroom window open. The wipers change speed depending on how fast you're going, a bit like an early Citroen 2CV, the heated rear window comes on at all latitudes north of Tel Aviv, and the door mirror heaters appear to have been on ever since it left the factory. By day the dashboard resembles a coffin with the dials from a 1930's radio set into it (ideal for those who miss the BBC Home service and the soothing tones of Alvar Liddell reading the news), at night the dials light up with a baleful orange glow which resembles the Eyes of Satan.
There's a couple of bad points (apart from it being a Rover 75), there's a few scratches on the nearside sill and some scuffing on the front bumper. Other than that it's in excellent condition inside and out, and you could eat your dinner off the engine, which would at least keep it warm for you.
On the plus side it goes very well, it's a fast car with good acceleration so you'll be able to get where you're going quickly so you can get out of it again as soon as possible, it's only done 56,000 miles (I assume the three previous owners didn't use it unless they absolutely had to) and the interior is immaculate. The back seats look like they've never been sat on, presumably because the previous owners didn't have any friends or if they did they preferred to use their own cars, and there's a large parcel shelf which will easily store a couple of cushions and a box of Kleenex.
There's a good radio in it which plays those new-fangled CD things, which can be controlled from the steering wheel so you don't have to aggravate your lumbago by leaning over to the radio to turn it up when The Archers comes on, and it has no fewer than seven (SEVEN!) cup holders. (How many cups of tea can four old people have on the go at once? Perhaps the others are for their bottles of pills.)
This would suit an older person, or a younger person wanting a glimpse of what old age will be like.
:D
  • Like 1

Lol, good response Chris ;)

I wrote off a Rover 600 a few years back.... I can only assume that it was called the 600 because it was 8 times worse than the 75, given that I hit it at 10mph and the boot was suddenly sat in the back seat. the doors where shapen like gullwings and the car rolled around the roudabout because of the 'force' I hit it, I am pretty sure it couldnt really start again :p

Like the 75 though, it looked like the wiring had already melted, combusted, and the owner had redecorated with a tin of spray paint and an over desire to get the thing through the MOT with the smallest amount of questions asked...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club