Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem???

Has

Also could somebody tell me wat the part in the pic is and if it can be replaced as the mech says that its a valve of sort and needs to be unstuck thats the reason why i have a lot of oil in the breather pipe. He said it could possibly be stuck open.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

post-48252-138468850073_thumb.jpg

How do you post videos?

Not sure on the sensor, but on the front of posting a video, when your in the reply, you will see Font and next to that is a little button (third in from the left) click that, then media, then the URL from there.

The smell could be from the AC, or the clutch, or the breather - a good mechanic (and even some bad ones :lol: ) could tell straight away what the smell was

if you take the oil filler cap off the rocker cover - smell the open filler - is that the smell? - thats the smell of burnt oil/ crankcase fumes - it is the smell coming out of the (engine crancase) breather

The valve connected to the crankcase breather pipes is called a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve, its usually found on NA (naturally asperated/ non turbo) engines, many turbodiesels do not have one,(mine does not have a PCV valve) the breather hose comes out of the head, into the inlet in front of the turbo compressor - the fumes/ oil are then re-gurgitated by the engine (its an emmision thing) - the reason it is routed here is to stop the crancase being pressurized by the turbo

the 1.6 PSA engines (Peugeot (its made in a Peugeot factory) Citroen/ Ford(TDCI)/ Mini) seem to be bad for the breathers becoming damaged/ leaking - this may be because of a build up of pressure in the crankcase (perhaps due to the DPF getting blocked) or just the breather being fragile or badly designed and there is often oil visible around the breather pipes

Just wanted to know if i have a problem or not.

There is a lot of oil sitting in the creases of the pipe that goes from the airbox to the turbo.

Also when I replaced the filter, the old one had oil on it. want to make sure if its a normal thing or not. tell the truth i dont even think my ac is working.

Just wanted to know if i have a problem or not.

There is a lot of oil sitting in the creases of the pipe that goes from the airbox to the turbo.

Also when I replaced the filter, the old one had oil on it. want to make sure if its a normal thing or not. tell the truth i dont even think my ac is working.

Inside or outside the pipe?

Which filter? if it was the air filter was the oil on top or underneath?

the oil is sitting Inside the pipe and there was oil on the air filter, it was on both sides, must have got in from the top and then soaked through.

you sound like you have heard this before

HI Has,

Its not uncommon for oil to be blown out from the turbo to the Mass Air Flow hose to be honest.

the oil is sitting Inside the pipe and there was oil on the air filter, it was on both sides, must have got in from the top and then soaked through.

you sound like you have heard this before

Yes, there should not be that much oil coming from the breather, even after a high milage, if any engine needed a crankcase breather oil catchtank, its this,

Apart from the breather -

the oil could be coming from the turbo oil seals (but i don't think so- with the state of the breather hose)

its a problem with this engine

Apart from exessive back-pressue in the crankcase (probably due to the DPF), and poor design/ materials, over-filling the oil levem may cause this

There is a design fault with the oil return on the turbo as well, may be connected,

the breather hoses/ fittings could be replaced with decent ones/ silicone and a catchtank added, this would "catch" the oil before it got near the inlet/ filter, you could keep an eye on how much and ocasionally empty it

On second thoughs, a blocked DPF could cause a build up of pressure, probably best to have it deleted sooner rather than later, as it won't be doing your engine any good (this pressure buld up can cause all sorts of problems, i understand how it could damage the turbo bearings, over time) - its not to be taken lightly, IMO

Hi,

I have just dropped my car off at Herts autotek, having the dpf removed and economy remap, lets see how things turn out, i will keep post updated.

Where would i get this 'catchtank' from?? and exactly how would i fit it??

thanks guys

Hi,

I have just dropped my car off at Herts autotek, having the dpf removed and economy remap, lets see how things turn out, i will keep post updated.

Where would i get this 'catchtank' from?? and exactly how would i fit it??

thanks guys

It fits in the breather hoses, between the head and the inlet - you can get them online - you may not need it if you are getting the DPF deleted

does a economy remap mean less torque/BHP??

Depends on /(speak to) the mapper, it can be maximum performance, economy or a balance between the two, a DPF delete can help the economy and performance by increasing the efficiency of the engine, often, even a performance map can improve the economy (a little) depending how the car is driven, most people just go for a performance map on the 1.6, as it is a bit "underpowered"

he said you will get a bit more torque with the dpf removal anyway and then the remap will help withe fuel economy.

i will speak to him again

i felt the car drove fine, didnt feel underpowered to me i must drive like a granny.....lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club