Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensor Removal

vwonnacott

I have developed a fault on one of my rear parking sensors - diagnosed by the "click test" and have managed to obtain a replacement sensor - just a little unsure how the old ones pop out - I believe there is an outer and inner sleeve (I just have the inner) so need to remove that from my bumper and fit the new one - I was hesitant to prize from the front in case of damage to the bumper, although managed to reach to the rear and thought it would push out although put a small amount of force which didnt seem to move it

Any help appreciated

I think you have to press the outside of the sleeve from behind the bumper and then push it forward, as I think it has catches that hold it in place?

• Like 1

Do you mean squeeze it and push ? - Im assuming the sleeve and inner all come out together and the inner will not come out without removing the outer

I believe so, but I am working on a guess at the moment as I havent actually removed a sensor on an OEM.

• Like 1

Really helpful thankyou going to have a tug this evening - if no joy will do weekend and update you