Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Question (Sorry!)

leesheffield

hi all,

i have a mk2.5 Zetec s with all the accompanying skirts and rear splitter. as the white stuff is no doubt going to hit the ground soon and this is the first winter with this car i was wondering how they handle in snow. Mainly my question is about ground clearance. Has anyne had any issues with them getting knocked about etc during winter. I checked the other day and the clearance doesn't look too bad if i was to drive on 'normal' snowy roads (which the council claim to have cleared!) but might struggle with deep snow on the side roads. think i'll leave 'the beast' at home if it's too bad unless someone has experience suggesting it will be ok.

Also i've been told by someone on here to keep the car in sport steering mode in bad weather to help with control. Is this still the case and does everyone agree?

any help appreciated.

Lee

Sport setting in winter is advised and recommended in the handbook.

Mine's always in it anyway ;)

• Like 1

Sport setting in winter is advised and recommended in the handbook.

Mine's always in it anyway ;)

mine too haha. (it might have been you that replied first time round lol) :D

Sorry for the hyjack but I've also been meaning to ask the same question about ground clearance

As you all know I've only got a lowly pre facelift, but I also have the zs skirts fitted, and I've also fitted an ms front lip

Even on the stock 16" alloys, not even like I've lowered it, I noticed a major problem with ground clearance the day after fitting

Before the lip I was able to drive straight up curbs no problem, now however I cant even contemplate driving up a curb which I learnt the day after fitting when I attempted it and took quite a sizable amount of paint off the front lip down to white plastic. Luckily its under the lip so its not visible much.

But I even hear it scraping just from driving onto/reversing off the Missus's driveway.

So I myself am worried about ground clearance when it comes to a few inches of the dreaded white stuff come winter

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club