Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Removing Airbox

Reyesz3

i have a Fiesta Mk4 1.4 1998

i have a damaged airbox and i want to install an induction kit instead.

i have managed to remove the top half and the air filter, but the bottom is stuck on something. i've removed all the locks from the bottom part of the airbox however it seems the airbox is still attached to the intake pipe i think.

it doesnt seem to budge even with some amount of force, is there something im missing (screws etc) or is more force needed to pry it from the pipe?

help me :(

ok so heres the bottom of the airbox thats stuck

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/5491/gja0.jpg

and heres the pipe i think is holding it down but doesnt want to move

http://imageshack.us/a/img820/4933/ywju.jpg

and the airbox location itself

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/5491/gja0.jpg

I remember my car guy had problems getting out the casing, as the engine so compact where air box is I think he used force and wiggling but dont use to much force will crack the case and are u sure u have undone all bolts

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I remember my car guy had problems getting out the casing, as the engine so compact where air box is I think he used force and wiggling but dont use to much force will crack the case and are u sure u have undone all bolts

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

theres actually no bolts or screws as far as i can see, which is why im alittle confused as to how to remove it.

i could try use abit more force to pry it from the pipe but it doesn't seem to be the only thing holding it down :L

i dont think it matters if the airbox breaks im installing an induction kit after all :L

iirc

its just the casing pushed into rubber grommets

if you can give those grommets a good coating of wd40 it will ease removal and lessen chance of snaping the casing

iirc

its just the casing pushed into rubber grommets

if you can give those grommets a good coating of wd40 it will ease removal and lessen chance of snaping the casing

aahh i see ! i'll have another go at it again and let you know the results, thanks mate :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club