Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Beam Pattern?

Brigante

I had the car serviced and MOT'd the other day, passed with no advisories

While servicing though I also asked the bloke to look at the beam alignment as I thought the dipped beam might of been aiming a little low

But now I think the pattern looks rather strange

The following photos are taken about 15 ish feet away from a wooden gate/brick wall

Dipped beam

2013-11-15165719.jpg

High beam

2013-11-15165735.jpg

2013-11-15165637.jpg

Is this how it should be or is something a miss?

I think its supposed to point to the left slightly to prevent blinding drivers on the other side of the road.. looks like your right headlight is pointing more down than left though lol

Spread is ok but alignment is off a bit.

On standard light fittings there are plastic adjuster nuts on the top of each light but they take a lot of turning and can be fragile in cold weather.

Get a garage to adjust them, at least if they break the garage pays.

Burt as your's are aftermarket lights I'm not sure if there are adjusters, though there should be by EC regs.

Thing is this is after the beams has been alligned by a mechanic thats usually spot on.

The headlights do have adjusters as well as the motors transplanted from the old stock lights

While on the subject of me service, driving back from picking car up, there was a very strong smell in the car. Not sure what it was and cant remember whether i had the heater blowers on

At first i thought it smelt like i was cooking the clutch but i wasnt doing anything to cook it

Could it be anything to do with having the oil changed and the oil and cabin filters changed?

Thats quite possible!

As for the adjusters, you might find that (I cant remember if they are OE stamped) the adjuster has dropped some how?

is it me? or are the lights 'kicking up' on the right.....kick up should be on the left

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club