Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Wont Start, Advice Needed!

ELushion

Hi, so just went to start my car and no luck. Weird. It was fine when I left it!!

So I push the start button and nothing is happening. Weirdest part is, the little display on the dashboard is not showing anything either except time and milage. Its not displaying that the doors open, that the keys missing. Nothing in the middle bit. Its just showing this (below) and its also not dimming, even when the cars locked the dashboard display still stays light!

Its a Ford Focus MK2.5 2011 Zetec S btw!

24vsoco.jpg

have you got a tester to see the voltage of the battery ? Damp weather could have caused it to discharge.

No I dont. But all the lights still work, even the radio so there must be charge?

I just disconnected the battery there now in an attempt to reset the electricals, the wee dashboard display went off( had been on all night). So gonna leave it 15minutes then reconnect.

You still need a certain battery level before the car will start even if the lights are still working , also check all your fuses.

The weird part is. You know the wee display that I have pictured. When I open the car, it doesnt show door open, doesnt show key not found. If I press the stalk it beeps, but still shows nothing.

What am I looking for on the fuses, is there a sign ones blown?

check under bonnet fuses and passenger foot well fuses , you need to pull them out one by one , as they are not easy to see it they are blown.

Fantastic lol, them buggers under the footwell are a pain in the ^&% to pull out. Cheers for the help!

So annoyed at this!

Well! That worked!!

I have two questions though.

1. How long does the wee dash display stay lit normally?

2. My radio now needs a code, a V code.. is the only way dealer or eBay?

Did you find a blown fuse?

1) dash stays on for approx 10 minutes after you lock the car.

2) V code is dealer

I never checked for a fuse! Once I disconnected, and reconnected the battery all is working again. The wee dash even goes off at 10 mins..

Very weird!

Lyndsay Ford however, pack of #####. Want to charge me £15 for them to tell me the serial code code they have wrote down for my radio!! Scandal! lol

I will send you over the number here now mate, thansk!

Edited by Stoney871
inappropriate language

* A Reminder that sharing radio Codes on this Forum or via PM is not allowed. People doing so will be dealt with accordingly and reported to management.

what we do via email is nothing to do with this forum no?and whats our PM's gotta do with you? if i know someone at ford who can get him it,whats the problem??

The problem is sharing codes via this Forum , it was stopped and only brings more people wanting radio codes , you can do what you want via your own Email but not via this forum.

Note to all Members.

Any sharing of codes via this Forum whether via main topics or personal messaging is a violation of Forum rules and will not be tolerated at any time.

Any Members found to be doing so will be formally warned and at the discretion of the Management can and will be banned.

No further discussions on this topic will be permitted.