Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 98 - 04 Pollen Filter Seal

mcd840

as above, im replacing one of these on my mates focus as its letting water in. at first i though i was to replace the seal thats under the pollen filter housing itself but after reading up i believe the seal is under the scuttle panel???

The filter itself is water proof although I did put some sealant under the scuttle as well just to take the water away,it doesn't leak now even tho the sealant has come away from the scuttle.

from memory, the early focus had an updated panel to stop this problem, no need for sealants, just change the panel if its an early original (not sure what years exactly these were updated on production)

so does the new seal that i have just stick to the bottom of the scuttle then stick to the car ?

if that fails then tiger seal !?

thanks

we might be talking cross purposes here.

what i meant was the panel that fits over the pollen filter housing and under the screen (the section you remove to access the filter)

was modified on the early focus..the modified version was designed to prevent the rain entering the filter housing.

i cant remember what years this modification was needed, all i can say is last focus i did this to, was a T reg....there was no need for sealants, you just replaced the panel and ensure its secured correctly..

if your focus already has the modified panel then only reason i can think that rain enters the pollen filter housing is something is out of line/not secured properly...

the focus im trying to fix is a 03 plate, it went into a garage to have a new wiper motor fitted, just soon after water started entering the car. when i lifted the scuttle panel up the other day i seen a "sponge" like seal on the underside of the scuttle panel.

on that year, should already have the modified panel.....can only think something is out of line/not secured/ broken...especially as its only leaked since having wiper motor fitted.

sponge type seal doesnt ring any bells, unless you mean the seal that would run on the bottom of screen, which was never a water tight type seal, more of an anti rattle type.

would have a very close look at all the panels fixings etc

I use 3m to seal it but check it not air con leak off pipe leakin common problem on them

thats a point, is the water entering via the pollen filter housing, tunder the pollen housing or the scuttle panel itself

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club