Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higgsy's Zetec S Thread

higgsy

Yeah I have some black or silver hammerite ready to paint, will prob go black tho, its more to tidy up the rust than for anything visual, and yeah prob don't want to advertise I have d***s lol

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

• Like 1

Yeah I have some black or silver hammerite ready to paint, will prob go black tho, its more to tidy up the rust than for anything visual, and yeah prob don't want to advertise I have d***s lol

Silver looks good with st225 wheels.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

well higgsy i have just finished reading your thread and now find myself wanting to do loads to my sport you have one belter focus there m8 keep on modding ya know ya want too haha :)

• Like 2

looks like you done a great job on the clean up fella.

once your megs nxt wax has run out get some ultimate wax the one in the black bottle as imo its much better then the nxt tech wax and should bring out the colour more

how do you find the amorall shield wax on the wheels holds up?

• Like 2

80 quid all in. Direct from the sellers own website. They are 100 from the same seller on eBay. I will take some pics of the cabling install and post them too. Will need to wait and see if a get a letter making me to pay import duty.

Higgsy, any chance of a link to sellers website for the DRL's

Oh and a link to the boot protector would be nice :rolleyes:

• Like 1

All in the thread as catch lol.

Crazythegod.com for the DRLs

The link that I bought the boot liner on was in the op, however the listing looks like its expired now as it was 6 months ago. Was about 20 quid off eBay , there were a fair few around that price at the time if I remember. There are 2 different types depending on whether you have a spacesaver spare or full size so make sure you get the right one.

Basically the same as this current listing

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141168064684

• Like 1

Fitted some denso iridium spark plugs today and also refitted my k&n panel filter. I and no issues with my NGK R's but fancied a set of the iridium's, not really driven it much yet but have noticed it starts in a split second now a lot quicker than before (even tho we are only talking a second or so)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got round to painting my rusty rear drums today.

method

Wire brush

Rust Killer

Hammerite Smooth Black

IMG_20140502_141024_zpsh9kfkpyt.jpg

• Like 1

How much were the spark plugs mate cos I need to pick some up or motor as it seems I be takin a long time on occasions when it starts. I thought it was oil issue but sorted that and still no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I also wanna do my drums too got some time of over weekend so am concise ring giving it a go if it's easy enough. What parts do I need.

Gary

• Like 1

Plugs were about 42 quid from eurocarparts.

To do the drums

Wire brush

Small tin of smooth black Hammerite

Rust killer (hammerite krust) but this step is not essential as Hammerite is a straight to rust formula.

Paint brush

• Like 1

Thanx mate. I'm currently looking around for a mark three focus badge so I can swap it with mine. I bought the gel overlay ford logo things today can't wait to put them on. Just want to improve the look of my car now

Gary

• Like 1

Done the drums well one of them today higgsy. Put the pics on my thread if you wanna check em out and let me know if I done ok or it looks shocking lol.

Gary

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Been a few months and n ot much happening with the car. This week I finally managed to pick up a stereo remote at a reasonable price after months of looking/being sent the wrong item once by a seller eBay. So now the retrofit bluetooth install is complete with voice control

IMG_20140704_162052_zpstq1gevob.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

looking good fella and that one of the jobs I want to do is my drums

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Started spraying my new bonnet lip today. Made a jig up to support it while spraying.

IMG_20140812_102913_zpst0ojzka7.jpg

• Like 2

looking good and are you colour coding it?

cheers, yeah using ford spray cans so hoping the colour match will be ok

• Like 1

cool will wait and see the out come and im sure it should match the colour of the car as you are using the ford cans.

hope it come out good for you.

might have a go at taking mine off tomorrow to rewrap it in carbon fibre film

• Like 3

i colour coded mine with the ford spray cans. turned out great. just make sure to follow the guide and use light coats to build up the layers.

• Like 2

i colour coded mine with the ford spray cans. turned out great. just make sure to follow the guide and use light coats to build up the layers.

Yeah cheers geez, using tdcist's guide. Its a very good test of my patience!

• Like 1

yeah great guide. be patient dont be tempted to rush. lightly key, degrease, prime wait 24hours, lightly sand primer down to smooth finish, degrease, colour code, wait 24 hours. u can sand down the colour code i chose not to. degrease, lacquer. leave for 24houra longer is better. i left for 3 days. fit to bonnet admire hard work :)

• Like 1

Now lacquered

_20140813_161117_zpszvnsppqp.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club