Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mickharrison4

Newbie:moneo Only Running On 3

6 posts in this topic

hi guys im new to this but im in need of help with my 2004 moneo 1800 petrol.

last week i was going to work and it all seemed fine untill i got theit and when iling it felt like it was missing when on low revs.i change coil pack an it was the same i then change the plugs an it was great. but 3 days later it started missing again.when i take the ht lead of number 4 when car is running it does nothing but the other 3 leads make the revs drop.i took the new plug out number 4 and it was slightly black and wet.

what could this be any help would be great thanks mick

Hi Mick,

Did you change the HT leads at the same time as the coil pack?

Its probably the leads or the plug.

hi guys i havnt changed the leads as it ran great for 3 days and thort they were fine.also when i rive it at high revs.i.e above 2500 rpm it runs fine

any ideas as to what ii should do next

if your plugs or leads are faulty it can damage the new coil packs - best to change the plugs 1st, then the leads, then the coil packs

Try gapping the plugs down

PS - whats a moneo? :lol: