Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Oil To Use In My 2010 Focus ? Help

Sparro

I have a 2010 1.6 focus titanium, it has a DPF ? Filter, something to do with the catalytic converter etc so it has low emissions, hence the £30 a year road tax, but anyway I've been told it requires a different type of oil because of this but I can't seem to find anywhere what I should be putting in it, so I'm hoping someone here can help ? Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i have a 1.6 petrol focus mk2.5, and i recently put some Castrol magnatec 5-30w with an original ford oil filter in my car, the old oil that came out was some stuff my local garage put in where i purchased the car from (presumably not the best and probably not fully synthetic)

My car took 4 litres of oil and to be honest i havent really noticed a big difference in the engine being quieter or better mpg, though it is colder atm which will have a negative effect on my fuel economy. On a cold start-up the car is a little bit noisy and un-refined but once warmed up it runs like a dream and is smooth. I also plan to change oil every 5000 miles unless a yearly service comes up first.

My main reason for purchasing this oil was for the superior protection on a cold start-up, but i dont think it is doing wonders as the car sounds rough. Though that might be a general ford engine noise.

I would recommend this Castrol magnatec oil, but is there any better oil for looking after your engine, stuff like the Mobil super 3000 or i hear alot of good things about Shell oil

Using petronas syntium 5000 FR in 1.6 ti at the moment. Engine runs smooth not much more to say. I change my oil every 5000 miles anyway.

There is only one oil recommended for this engine to stop coaking up the turbo with disasterous results of turbo failure and possibly engine failure. Its the Ford recommended oil and the Castrol one. this is one of those rare cases where the manufacturer is telling you to use there oil for a good reason. using something else? it will be fine for a while until.............

looking after the DPf is more a case OF the correct running rather than the oil used. You have to get the DPF hot to burn off all the hydro carbons & soot. That means long runs to get it hot. If you do short runs to the shops only then it will clogup and be an MOT failure at some time. Its the same for all diesels fitted with a DPF. That m,eans at least one long run of at least 10-15 miles a week to get the DPF hot. A good thrash of a diesel engine in a low gear for a few minutes is not a bad idea as most modern diesels run at such low revs with 5 or 6 gears and dont get the engine or DPF up to temperature. Think about covering the front grille a little in the winter like we used to do but watch the temp gauge in case you overdo it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club