Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Or 1.6 Which To Go For

donskoops

Im planning on upgrading to the grand cmax as my family is due to grow next year, I have been looking at 2 versions of the grand cmax

titanium 1.0 ecoboost 125ps

titanium 1.6 ecoboost 182ps

but never can find any real reviews from real people that have driven them, in my head the 1.6 sounds the better option as the size of the car just cant see the smaller engine pulling well enough in them times when you need to put your foot down

thanks for any help in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have had a C-Max 1.0 125 Ecoboost for nearly 3 months now, performance is good with fuel economy around 40mpg of mixed driving. We had a test drive of the 1.0 in a Grand C-max and I felt it struggled a bit up hills due to the increased size and weight of the car (the Grand is over 100kg heavier than the normal C-max). I suggest you test drive both, but in my opinion the 1.6 Ecoboost would have more power.

to be honest I would echo mark's sentiments! the extra weight can be a lot of difference on a 1.0 turbo petrol!