Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Steel Wheels Can Be Fitted ?

jizzer

got a 2008 focus 2.0 tdci with 18 inch alloys fitted from new.

Looking to get some winter tyres with wheels but a little confused over what type steel wheels will fit understand rolling radius has to be same

Understand could fit 16 inch steel wheels but what spec ie pcd of holes and centre hole diameter in wheel and also tyre size

thanks

Site seem to be glitchy posted it twice and keeps giving me no permission errors .?

For the 2.0 TDCI you will need steel wheels with the following specifications:

Wheel size = 16 inch (15 inch will not fit because of the large front brake discs).

Cross pattern = 5 x 108 mm.

Centre hole = 63,3 mm.

Recommended offset of the wheels = 52,5 mm.

Recommended tyre size for 16 inch wheels = 205-55-16.

You will also need different wheel nuts for steel wheels.

Thanks for reply is the cross pattern the p.c.d .. What is the offset measurement. Ps anyone recommend a site you can buy a package from wheels n tyres

Whats the difference with the nuts for steel wheels i have a steel space saver spare but no different nuts for that ?

i think you will be fine to use the orignal nuts. on some alloys you have to use a nut with a spacer/ring so that it covers the larger hole size on the alloys.

these are going cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ALLOY-WHEELS-WITH-TYRES-205-55-R16-REF-U3-/161162003072?hash=item2586010280#ht_640wt_946

200 a bit steep need to then fit winter tyres .....my tyres doing set of new 16 inch steel with Avon ice thingy tyres for about 430 delivered

So just to clarify I currently have 18 inch alloys fitted want to put steel wheels on will the nuts be ok ?

There is an official Ford TSB (Technical service Bulletin) which warns for using alloy wheel nuts for steel wheels.

The main problem of alloy wheel nuts on steel wheels is corrosion of the wheel nuts. Because the much larger cone of alloy wheel nuts does not entirely contact the steel wheel the cone gets corroded during wintertime. Especially on 2-piece alloy wheel nuts where corrosion/dirt can come between the 2-pieces this can be a serious problem. When the corroded alloy wheel nuts are used on the alloy wheels again the corrosion can get pulverised during driving and cause the wheelnuts to come loose.

The problem with 2-piece alloy wheel nuts is that corrosion between the 2-pieces can not be seen.

The alloy wheel nuts are perfectly suitable for temporary use on steel wheels. It is no problem to use these nuts for a steel spare wheel.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club