Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 Mods

paul_focus

• 2 weeks later...

Stainless steel manifold installed yesterday but it's gone bronze in colour is this normal for stainless steel thanks guys

As far as i'm aware, steel discolouring is common, as with most polished metals and is quite difficult to prevent... you may find that with time this may start to graduate to a blue colour like a titanium exhaust system.

You can have them ceramic coated when new and unused which can help prevent/slow the blueing process, but not much to reverse it I'm afraid

I don't mind the blue flame brazed affect will it go like that after it's gone bronze thanks guys. And it's a sports de cat. So road legal

I have seen a lot of polished exhausts, mainly on sports bikes, go blue. I can't say for sure that it will do that, however I have only seen a couple bronzed before... Give it a couple of weeks and see how it is going!

Thank you and another think is it's got a hole for the after cat O2 sensor but none for a before cat so removed the before cat sensor ok

I don't mind the blue flame brazed affect will it go like that after it's gone bronze thanks guys. And it's a sports de cat. So road legal

Seriously, might have to invest in one myself, where did you get yours from? Doesn't it affect the emissions test in the MOT?

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to fit some DRLs on my mk1.5, I think they look good and only costs £15 if you do it yourself!

Anyway, Has the manifold blued yet?

Yep it has thanks and I'll try the DRL mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think the lights look quite good, after a few days of using them fewer people have stepped out or pulled out in front of me!

They are really easy to fit too... Connect the negative to the battery, fit the positive to one of the fuses which only activates with the ignition (I chose fuse 18, the 10A Cat Sensor fuse), then just switch cable (yellow on mine) from the relay to the sidelight live cable with a scotchlok (On my focus this is the orange cable, connecting to number 6 when you look at the light plug on the headlight)

In terms of positioning the lights, they need to be at least 250mm from the road and 400mm from the outside edge of the car. I positioned mine on the bottom of the middle wing on the bumper grill, and as far to the edges as I could get!

DRL Lights - eBay item no. 271258512449

Relay - eBay item no. 270929531647

I hope this helps if you need it! :)

post-50136-139422805064_thumb.jpg

post-50136-13942287292_thumb.jpg

post-50136-139422873983_thumb.jpg

Forgot to add the photo of the headlight wiring loom...

post-50136-139422957594_thumb.jpg

Thank you mate might invest in a set look good

Sent from my ME173X using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club