Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

philr62

Milltek Fitted

4 posts in this topic

Finally had my Milltek catback fitted to my mk7 zs today and i'm well chuffed .

It has a nice deep burble on tickover and progresses to a nice roar on higher revs.

I just went with the catback as i leave for work at 5am so didn't want a too noisy system and go waking the nieghbours :rolleyes:

If anyones toying with the idea of getting one of these i highly recommend it ,a lovely sporty sound without being ott and really looks the biz.i've not noticed any gains but i haven't really had a proper drive out yet,but i'm not too bothered as i went for looks more than anything else it now looks how it should of from the factory imo.

Also a stroke of luck as i had an annoying ding in one of my doors and there was a pdr guy at the garage.So i asked him to have a gander and he sorted it there and then for £30 cash.

Happy days :) Phil

Nice one! - you should post up some pictures

Nice one! - you should post up some pictures

Will do my best tomorrow

Finally had my Milltek catback fitted to my mk7 zs today and i'm well chuffed .

It has a nice deep burble on tickover and progresses to a nice roar on higher revs.

I just went with the catback as i leave for work at 5am so didn't want a too noisy system and go waking the nieghbours :rolleyes:

If anyones toying with the idea of getting one of these i highly recommend it ,a lovely sporty sound without being ott and really looks the biz.i've not noticed any gains but i haven't really had a proper drive out yet,but i'm not too bothered as i went for looks more than anything else it now looks how it should of from the factory imo.

Also a stroke of luck as i had an annoying ding in one of my doors and there was a pdr guy at the garage.So i asked him to have a gander and he sorted it there and then for £30 cash.

Happy days :) Phil

What engine is it (type/ capacity)? - they recon you need a 12% gain for it to be noticable

post-38050-0-68686100-1385763529_thumb.j

They are claiming 135Hp with the Miltek exhaust and the sports cat, and 141 with the Miltek exhaust, sports cat, uprated exhaust manifold, and pipercross cold air induction kit

there is a dip ("flat spot") in the torque curve between 2.5 and 3.5k (approx) - and a glitch about 5 to 5.5k these could be the midrange flat spot and the vct transition (1.6 ti-vct)