Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Oil Consumption

Brizzle

Have run just over 5000 miles so far and I am using 1 litre of oil per 1000 miles. Dealer advises this is normal due to finer manufacturing tolerance!!. Would have thought this improved the usage with less gaps for it to get through to combustion chamber - True or false?

Is this likely to improve?

Why did my previous 2006 Mondeo 2.0 130 TDCi not use ANY oil at all in 6 years I had it ?

Puzzling, for an amateur!!

Wow , my car was serviced in January , covered approx 4000 miles and not needed to add one drop of oil.

Yours does not sound right to me and i would be going back to question the oil loss

That doesn't sound promising. VW have had a similar issue with their 1.4 TSI engine, and last I heard they hadn't found any way of sorting it despite the engine being out for years now. They just give customers free oil as a goodwill gesture <_<

Most manufactures say this because there so many things take into account wit mass produced stuff also driving style is a lot to do wit it take this example I might jump into my car an be late for work screw car before she properly warmed up revving it high an u could let car warm up drive nice an easy till temp in middle an car working most efficiently so many factors take into consideration

On a diesel driving like an old lady in these current temp its possible to go couple miles without ever warming up the engine. That sort of oil use does not sound normal. If it was a high soec engine I could understand.

Are you loosing coolant? Is there any other engine probs out ofvthe norm? There are alot of things that could be causing this but the dealer is talking bs that is not normal. On my tdci I can do 10, 000 miles without oil levels ever going low or needing top ups

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club