Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Rain-X

Turvey

I've never used a product like this before so would like to ask folks opinions please.

I drive a truck during the week and at this time of year the side and rear windows get really mucked up and the rain/road grime etc seems to stick on them. Is this stuff any good for vertical windows with little or no wind on them to blow away the beaded water?

Not tried it, seen good reviews about it online and I was told to avoid the windscreen, so could be worth a try. I use Autoglym Glass Polish on mine and that seems to do the job, doesn't seem to last long though :(

Not sure who would tell you to avoid the windscreen as that is its intended use. I use the turtle wax version of it and its really good, it lasts for a few weeks at a time depending on how often you have to use your wipers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Some people swear by it, but a quick google will throw up some horror stories about smearing with wipers in rainy conditions. Obviously with the internet you only normally hear about the issues, people don't comment when things are running smooth!

Yea, it would be really helpful for people to put the positive side of products up, not just the draw backs. But no as long as its applied as its supposed to then it works wonders on the windscreen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

rain x is good but it doesn't last for long.

there is a MUCH better produce out there http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/g1-clearvision-smart-glass.aspx

i havent use this product myself but i know someone who has used the plastic restorer and his black trims still look like new and his cars 8 years old and was applied earlier this year

I use rain-X - love the stuff!!

It fades, but its still doing a certain amount of work even after about 2 months with a wash every 1-2 weeks!

It works great for my focus windscreen after about 30mph

It doesn't really help for the grime of winter spray, but one thing I do like it that it stops frost sticking! when neighbours are on ages I cleared mine with a flick of the wipers!

Best stuff I've ever used is collinite (as in the wax) it is awesome stuff, the rain just rolls off the top of the car!

Another good one to use is g techniq g1 glass cleaner... That's stuffs proper awesome too!

Rain-x is is amazing stuff, I apply it to the windscreen, front side windows and the back one and rain water just runs off... at motorway speed you barely need the wipers!

Cheers guys ;)

Couldn't find Rain-x in any of the places up here I was in today so bought a tin of stuff from a Pound shop instead! :D I don't hold out much use for it but for a quid it's worth a shot.

I'll have a Google and see about getting some from amazon etc

I use rain x on the side windows only now after smearing occurred on the front with the wipers on.

It was great on the front when first applied but after a while the blades would seem to smear which made it worse at night.

I used to use standard rain x all round and had no problems, I now use the rain x window cleaner so get clean windows and rain x all in one. Got the last bottle from Asda for about £3

i've used rain x without any issues at all. follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

i cleaned my glass and Wiper Blades with alcohol wipes first - get them from eBay.

i now use repel from autobrite dirct as it lasts longer but costs a bit more.

The G1 stuff (link my mr singh) is one of the best products on the market.

no good for glass as it will make it cloudy

Yeah I think I read that somewhere right enough............................still an impressive demonstration though :)

you'll only get the cloudy issue if you havent cleaned the wipers and the windscreen properly. i've never had this problem.

its like using a dirty rag to clean your windscreen!

I've used rain x many times and always found it to be pretty good. As Sal said though you do need to make sure everything is properly clean before you apply it.

I've had great results with this product, and it's very economical in use.

I clean the screen with meths prior to application, but as previously stated it does wear off after a while.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club