Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Alex092

Simple Question Regarding Satnav System

4 posts in this topic

Recently purchased a 2008 Ford Focus 1.6 tdci titanium model and there is no satnav built in, just a standard black radio system. Did the titanium 2008 model come with a satnav built in? The manuals I got with my new car include directions on using the satnav? Just wondering if at any point it would have had a satnav built in but the stereo system replaced by a previous owner? Also would it be possible to get a satnav put into this car? Thanks in advance.

Much better car than my old vauxhall corsa 1.2 sxi!!!

Hi Alex, the manual is written to cover all equipment that is available across the range and includes all the options too. Satnav would have been an option in your car when it was new and the original owner evidently didn't specify it when placing the order.

I suppose you could retrofit a ford unit but I suspect the amount if work required to replace the Ariel etc will make it pointless.

If the car had a nav from factory it should incorporate the heater controls. It would look something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271323260653

If yours is the facelift model the closest that can be done without spending a fortune is along the lines of http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321121230876

The first nav ed12 postef is called the travelpilot nx this is the hihher spec touch screen nav. The second is an aftermarket unit. There is an official nav that look like that called the travelpilot fx. I have this unit and with all honest it isn't great. It is basic and there is only one update for it. If you travel alot and use a nav alot get a tomtom because these Ford navs are too basic with routes. The selected routes cannot be changed by you to an alternative

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app