Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta St Camshaft Position Sensor Fault

AgentC

Another dealer, another oil top up and another 500 miles.......Had enough.

First, I don't believe the 0.5L added would be true looking at the dipstick reading above taken 2 days ago.....more like a litre IMO. I'll check tomorrow.

All that was checked was the PCV pipes (clear), exhaust for smoke (none of course!) and the dipstick level. No compression test or anything else.

Nobody seems bothered that this car has consumed 3.5L minimum of oil in 3000 miles. I'm made to feel like I'm a pain in the !Removed! to the dealers.

Honestly don't want the car anymore :(

just watched your vid and there does seem to be quite a bit of smoke/steam. My ST does have steam/smoke at cold temperatures but not to the extent of what youve shown. ive just assumed mine is normal levels as my previous focus with the same engine was the same at those temps. i just whittled it down to the engine warming up efficiently!

at no point should you be the one being conscious about being a pain! the cars not a cheap purchase, and its under warranty so its their job to get on with it.

You really need do a compression check urself so they can't fob u off

You really need do a compression check urself so they can't fob u off

That is the one thing Ford customer services were firm on. I suggested having say the AA look at the car but they said their findings wouldn't be accepted.

I've tried my best but think now it is another car or a refund.

I can't understand why they wouldn check compression if it's warranty ford are paying for everything not garage the garage making money off it don't make any sense

I used to work at a dealer and they are paid a much lower labour rate for warranty repairs. At the dealer I worked at ( a luxury brand) the warranty rate is still £30/hr versus £110+ retail rate.

But I agree with you, not doing the compression check is ridiculous. Points to them not wanting to confirm a oil consumption problem.

The big question for me is have the dealers been acting how they have under instruction form Ford?

If u do compression check yourself an find anything go higher up the ladder like how long would it take to do compression check ten mins with economy way it is u would think they wanna make every bit money they could they must be extremely busy turnin away bis just cause labour cost less

Did you pay anything on a credit card when you bought the car, like the deposit? If so phone your card company up they have an amazing amount of power and might be able to help get this sorted. After all the goods you bought, the car, are not of an acceptable standard

Did you pay anything on a credit card when you bought the car, like the deposit? If so phone your card company up they have an amazing amount of power and might be able to help get this sorted. After all the goods you bought, the car, are not of an acceptable standard

I didn't. I payed a deposit in addition to my PX with my debit card (I don't do credit cards)

And things get better with the car. This morning I find a oil patch right under the gearbox/crankshaft area. Am taking it back to the dealer who told me two days ago there were no leaks.

I took a pic of the oil patch and tried to take a pic under the car, but it doesn't show much. I have placed a "sheet" made up of A4 paper under the car to see if anything drips on it overnight!

I would have thought you would see any external leaks, you would smell one if you got the bonnet up after a fair drive, I can smell the residue from my last service from the sump plug area, you would perhaps then be able to stuck your head underneath and see, how hard do you rev the little motor? Perhaps your over revving it before its run in that would cause an oil leak through internal seals, although I doubt you would do that to your new baby. Haha

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Reject the car or get your money back.

This should not be happening on a brand new car, and constantly being fobbed off with "there's nothing wrong with it" is simply not good enough.

The video you put up shows blue smoke which suggests engine wear or a turbo problem (I know this well!) and the amount of oil it has consumed would back this up!

Also, finding out about the oil leak from the gearbox area is probably the final straw for you with this car!

I would give them one last chance (pain,I know) to put it right. If it continues to be faulty then I would be looking to take legal action - it may give them the kick up the !Removed! they need.

I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome from all of this, it sounds like you've had a right run around.

What he says, there must be another dealer near you who would welcome the business if they haven't frightened you away from buying another ford, this backs up my own personal theory that the best buy with a car is something that has 20k on it and is proven to be reliable to a certain extent, saves you a good few coins aswell. Good luck anyway and hopefully you can resolve this sooner rather than later.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

The leak has been confirmed to be a drive shaft seal. One thing after the other :(

So that still doesn't answer where the engine oil is disappearing to.

I can't believe you have had all this trouble with a car that should be your pride and joy for you to enjoy driving. Keep fighting them and hopefully you will get some joy. Have you considered speaking to a retail expert solicitor for their opinion.

I think regards the oil, if it isn't leaking, there isn't a problem. I even had a rant at Ford customer services about the oil tests that I've already done with the other dealer (who ultimately declared there's nothing wrong with the car) and they say the new dealer has to check for themselves. I thought all work done is on computer that all dealers can access?

I just think this car is a dud and will forever have problems. I can't find another ST on this, or any other forum, that has had any of the problems mine has had.

And just to add insult to injury, the dealer have done this:

156.jpg

What a bunch of utter cowboys.

I think a name and shame is in order.

I'll see what they say Monday, Clive. Unfortunately they, nor I went over the car beforehand and so I have no proof.

Keep us updated and take photos beforehand in case they damage anything else.

When I picked up my car after I brought it secondhand the dealer that I used had damage sheets with service receipts one copy with owner pen and signatures on and another with mechanics observations. Seems like not only can they not fix the cars but they can't drive them either.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

• 4 months later...

Out of interest, what was the outcome of this? Did the car get fixed?

• 9 months later...

First my apologies for abandoning this thread without a conclusion.

About two weeks after my last post (Jan '14) and with the oil consumption issue still ongoing with no help from Ford CS or dealers I decided to sell the car back to the supplying dealer which cost me £3k plus.

One reason I've brought this back from the dead is that I have just read a report about a ST at the HonestJohn website that sounds eerily familiar:

12-8-2014: Engine of second hand 2013 Fiesta ST bought in March 2014 at seven months old started to rattle and needed 2.5 litres of oil 1,700 miles after purchase. Engine died and was replaced underwarrantyicon1.png.

Timing, age and symptoms all match my car and was wondering if it was anyone here or knows any more details? I feel guilty that someone else may have got this car but at least it seems a new engine was put in.

Thanks and sorry again for such a long delay in replying!

I have just read all this and this is from a car with only just over 2k.

And the place you have taken it too, don't get me started on that.

Its your pride and joy and when a person uses a pop bottle cut off to fill oil.

:angry: :angry: What can we say.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club