Do Not Sell My Personal Information

keyless entry

lee777

Can anyone say whether the keyless entry optional extra on the Titanium includes a 'remote start' feature?

Thanks.

Can anyone say whether the keyless entry optional extra on the Titanium includes a 'remote start' feature?

Thanks.

As in the car starts without you in it?

No, as in ford's power push start/stop feature!

And the answer is Yes it does. How else would you be able to start the car without the use of a key?! lol.

really? I would have called that a starter button not a remote start, i thought remote start was where you could start the car from the keyfob outside the car ie remotely. Would be funny if you left it in gear lol!

really? I would have called that a starter button not a remote start, i thought remote start was where you could start the car from the keyfob outside the car ie remotely. Would be funny if you left it in gear lol!

Yes, remote start is the ability to start the engine using the key fob without physically being in the car. It's a great feature in the Winter if your car is frosted over. You can start your engine while still in the house (the car remains locked) and when you get in, the car is defrosted and warmed up. It's a feature that comes with many third-party vehicle alarms systems and I wondered if the fiesta had it.

although thinking about it it would probably be really easy to retro-fit if you had the starter button and you had vague knowledge of electronics, still, it would be hilarious if you left it in gear, imagine a car stalling on its own!!

although thinking about it it would probably be really easy to retro-fit if you had the starter button and you had vague knowledge of electronics, still, it would be hilarious if you left it in gear, imagine a car stalling on its own!!

Problem is, the clutch needs to be depressed before it will start with the starter button. Saying that, it will only be a switch than can be over ridden I would imagine but not something I would want.

Problem is, the clutch needs to be depressed before it will start with the starter button. Saying that, it will only be a switch than can be over ridden I would imagine but not something I would want.

Never realised that Keith, still waiting for my one to arrive!! TBH I dont think i would want to leave my car running without me in it either! lol

I used to leave my car running all the time when I was defrosting it, but I live in a village at the end of a cul de sac so not high security risk. Even so, I'd never do it now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club