Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

julesgti

Ford Kuga Leaking

5 posts in this topic

Hi There,

Back in uly we bought a Ford Kuga 58reg and it has already been back to the dealership 4 times for carpet issues.

Just over a week ago we now have a passenger foot well swimming in water.

I took the carpet back and I'm happy the water is not coming odwn from the bulkhead as the soundproofing is dry higher up. (Water is in the bottom)

Has anyone else had any leaking issues in the footwell, if so did you find out what it was?

Also there seems to be alot of extra "sealant / covering" in the footwell compared to the drivers side (see attached) I can't see that this is factory fitted and Ford has said that there are no warranty issues on file. Is this normal?

We have changed to Ford after many, many years of being Renault owners and since all the issues we have been having, we are more than disappointed.

Can someone help please.

regards,

Jules

Leak.pdf

Is there a rubber grommet under the carpet that could be the reason for the water coming in?

Alternatively, could it be the aircon pipes that are leaking?

Hi,

Yes there are some grommets (passenger side and drivers side), but I can't see any obvious signs of the water getting in.

I'm just concerned the car has had issues before hence the extensive extra sealing / matting on the passenger side. It just doesn't look like Ford would do that.

I am impressed with the build quailty of the Kuga and to put that matting just seems wrong / not normal.

Regards,

Jules

Could be the door seal. Have a look to see if there is any damage around that and check the door is compressing the seal all the way round.

Might be worth checking for water ingress under the door seal as Bruce said, but look specifically into the plastic surrounds at the bottom of the door alongside the seat.