Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Kuga Leaking

julesgti

Hi There,

Back in uly we bought a Ford Kuga 58reg and it has already been back to the dealership 4 times for carpet issues.

Just over a week ago we now have a passenger foot well swimming in water.

I took the carpet back and I'm happy the water is not coming odwn from the bulkhead as the soundproofing is dry higher up. (Water is in the bottom)

Has anyone else had any leaking issues in the footwell, if so did you find out what it was?

Also there seems to be alot of extra "sealant / covering" in the footwell compared to the drivers side (see attached) I can't see that this is factory fitted and Ford has said that there are no warranty issues on file. Is this normal?

We have changed to Ford after many, many years of being Renault owners and since all the issues we have been having, we are more than disappointed.

Can someone help please.

regards,

Jules

Leak.pdf

Is there a rubber grommet under the carpet that could be the reason for the water coming in?

Alternatively, could it be the aircon pipes that are leaking?

Hi,

Yes there are some grommets (passenger side and drivers side), but I can't see any obvious signs of the water getting in.

I'm just concerned the car has had issues before hence the extensive extra sealing / matting on the passenger side. It just doesn't look like Ford would do that.

I am impressed with the build quailty of the Kuga and to put that matting just seems wrong / not normal.

Regards,

Jules

Could be the door seal. Have a look to see if there is any damage around that and check the door is compressing the seal all the way round.

Might be worth checking for water ingress under the door seal as Bruce said, but look specifically into the plastic surrounds at the bottom of the door alongside the seat.

• 5 years later...

I have been reading up on leaks in the MK1 Kuga for a while.

Our car had a really bad pool of water in the passenger footwell so I tried all the stuff suggested like the bulkhead, windscreen, AC drain and at one point I thought I had it fixed. No...…….I could never understand why it only seemed to get water in the footwell when you drove it, i.e. it moved, it didn't leak when it rained!

I was clearing the car out of all my wife's stuff and noticed the boot wet, the water had been leaking into the boot and running the length of the car all this time. After a lot of investigation I have found it...……………...the sealer under the roof rail fixing points was cracked open allowing rain water to run in and appear on the boot floor, then when the car drove it could run under the carpets and get to the lowest point, the passenger footwell.

• 9 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 6:51 PM, mike150 said:

Our car had a really bad pool of water in the passenger footwell so I tried all the stuff suggested like the bulkhead, windscreen, AC drain and at one point I thought I had it fixed. No...…….I could never understand why it only seemed to get water in the footwell when you drove it, i.e. it moved, it didn't leak when it rained!

I was clearing the car out of all my wife's stuff and noticed the boot wet, the water had been leaking into the boot and running the length of the car all this time. After a lot of investigation I have found it...……………...the sealer under the roof rail fixing points was cracked open allowing rain water to run in and appear on the boot floor, then when the car drove it could run under the carpets and get to the lowest point, the passenger footwell.

Hi, sorry, i just bought a 2009 ford kuga and there is water leaking inside the passenger side, can you please uploat a picture or 2 at where abouts shoud i check and what do i have to take off/dismantle from outside/inside and also what type of sealant to use. 

Thank you

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 4:51 PM, mike150 said:

Hi,

Could you upload photos or describe where I need to be looking for the rail fixing, I am guessing some trim needs to be removed.

Our 2010 Mk1 has started leaking into the boot which the dog doesnt seem to like - she jumped in and got out wet but we were glad it wasn't the dog that was leaking.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club