Photo

Front Wipers Stopped Working On 2007 C-Max

Best Answer mickthetree, 12 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well £500 lighter I shall be picking the car up from Ford on my way home. New GEM.  I had been expecting a lot more to be honest but at Christmas time it is the last thing I need.

All for a small component on a circuit board  :(

Boo you Ford.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 mickthetree

mickthetree

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: c-max 2007 TDCI
  • Year: 2007

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Right, I got my dad over and we checked both wiper motors for continuity and they are both the same. Dad reckons they are fine.

We tested the connector that plugs into the motor.  Theres 12v coming in on pin three but when the ignition / engine is on there is no change on any other pin so it would appear there is not a circuit there.  Testing across both pins in the GEM there is no current at all. The fuse is fine.

So it would appear to be the GEM. I took it out (amazingly easy) and popped it open but you can only access the back of the circuit board.  It would appear ford don't want you changing anything there!! I didn't have the time to take the whole thing apart as I would have had to note all the fuses first.  Anyone replaced relays in there before? Is it possible? Othewise its a new GEM. Off to find a price....

11268561164_c656296cb2.jpg

11268498865_53e17b406a.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 mick85

mick85

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

If get a wiring diagram u would be able to tell I thought the wiper relay hardwired meaning u can't change it now I could be wrong but a diagram would clear that up

#18 mickthetree

mickthetree

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have spoken with an automotive electrician and have arranged for the car to go into my local ford main dealership for hook up to their IDS.  HOPEFULLY they will be able to point to the right issue. Prices for a new BCM are looking expensive.

I did find out that the reason my passenger doors don't unlock first time with the key fob is down to pressing the wrong combination of buttons. Looks like that one can be easily fixed!!

I'll let you know the outcome.

#19 mick85

mick85

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yeah I say u need new gem module an main dealer has program new one they making cars so much harder to repair yourself absolute wan#ers haha keep us posted on outcome that if they actually tell u really what was problem how much is new gem module

#20 mickthetree

mickthetree

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:17 PM   Best Answer

Well £500 lighter I shall be picking the car up from Ford on my way home. New GEM.  I had been expecting a lot more to be honest but at Christmas time it is the last thing I need.

All for a small component on a circuit board  :(

Boo you Ford.

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,979 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Ouch! I feel for you fella, but now you have the thing fixed it should last you till the day you kill the car!

#22 mick85

mick85

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

That such a joke an worse part is if u new a decent electronic engineer or technician he could probably repair that mother board like why not just have proper relay u can replace for a fiver instead of hardwired into mother board them gems an bcmi nothing but trouble it's all a money racket

#23 mickthetree

mickthetree

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Appreciate all your help chaps. Maybe this thread will help someone else out in the future.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users