Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Capacity !!!

Mike77

Hi Guys & Gals, just a quick question, I use a USB stick for all my music needs in my car, currently running a 4gb one, but thinking about buying (or asking for one as a Christmas present) a bigger memory one, something like 16 or 32gb. I seem to remember reading something about this a while back regarding possibly not being able to use bigger capacity ones, but cant remember what was said. Is this size of memory stick ok to use, meaning, it wont confuse the cars brain in anyway will it. Just want to check before buying, thanks, Mike.

I run a sandisk 32 Gb usb2 Sandisk Cruzer Fit micro stick in my car. works fine, but there are limitations to the number of files and folders the car will access with any usb stick. Basically 256 files and up to 256 folders containing 256 files in each according to the handbook. so a grand total of 256 x 256 which is a lot of music. :-)

269902-sandisk-cruzer-fit.jpg

Smashing,,,, cheers iNath, will crack on with the 32gig !Removed! lol.

I also have Sandisk 32gb in my Focus and the same in wifes Fiesta , only problem i have found is sometimes the music is a bit glitchy in the Fiesta (like a jumping record) ,, but that could be the bit rate of the Mp3's on there , she just drag and dropped them on there.

I have a 320GB portable hard drive with about 200GB of mp3 music files installed.Does take a time to scroll though.

Hard drive cable needs to be short,otherwise not enough power supplied from the usb port.

Lol, bit much for me that, just want a few tunes on there, 32gig will more than suffice ;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club