Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

oenophile64

Cmax Key

4 posts in this topic

I have lost the spare key to my 2007 CMax petrol and the local dealer charges around £130 for a new one. If I accept that it won't work remotely, would a simple key made by copying the one I do have (e.g at any key cutting place) work or is there any sort of chip in the key?

Graham

Hi Graham, that is certainly one option!

You are best off getting an auto locksmith to have a look, you should get the old key erased in case its fallen into the wrong hands.

The key has a chip for the immobiliser.

An auto locksmith is a good option.

I'd bet the dealers didn't tell you they'd 'have' to do a diagnostics check at about £80 extra?

I bought mine with just one key and got a spare one cut at Timpsons for £35 - they were doing a half-price deal.

It did not work in the locks but did in the ignition so I had to take it back for further work - it is OK now

Caitriona