Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Speedo

IINexusII

Quick question, will there be any ECU programming be needed if i was to swap out my speedo for a replacement? im thinking of getting the white dial version with the red lcd like the one in the 07/57 plate zetec models...

Quite likely, have had to replace the speedo on my mk1 after some mods went wrong, replaced with a second hand unit which has retained the mileage from the previous vehicle. Got a qoute of about 60 quid to correct it which is quite reasonable I think

Mk2 needs reprogrammed to the immobiliser mileage adjusted etc etc not cheap by any means

I had the instrument cluster in my mk1 replaced by ford and it needed reprogrammed because of security functions, my milage started from zero again and previous mileage recorded

If I unplug my speedo will it need reprogramming cause im going to change the black background to white??

Once its programmed to the car disconnecting the battery and unplugging the cluster should be okay as the code should be stored! I would any mods to the new cluster first before fitting and coding

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club