Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial Change

ungary

I broke the aerial out of the base plate fitting. I got both the aerial and baseplate from ford but cant change it. Does anyone how please?

Gary

Remove the courtesy light, there's a nut to undo up behind it.

While your at it change it to a shark fin aerial !!!

That's my plan when I wrap my roof...

Ok thank you I gave that a go but can't get the courtesy light out. Any idea how I do it.

I've looked at the shark fun ones Oliver they are nice. I'll look into one in the future

As for the courtesy light just insert a thin object (screwdriver) alongside the courtesy light and around the plastic surround and gently lever it out.

I'll try that. Thanx jeebowhite. I am a little it worried bout damaging it though

you cant damage it mate, unless you hammer the screwdriver in.

Most of this car comes out with a bit of leverage and gentle persuasion. Put the screwdriver centre of the light on the long side, and place then just lever towards the roof, then move to one side, then the other. as long as you aren't hulk fisted then you wont have any issues.

• Like 1

In the past I thought about doing this but I have read some bad reviews after aftermarket arieal being fuzzy on fm radio it put me off. Can you let us know the quality difference once done please? :- )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

No worries mixmasterlooney when I get funds available if I decide to go ahead with it I'll let you know what it's like.

I can agree with issues with aftermarket aerials!

We had a family of coocks (oops, one too many O's there!) who went around and nicked ALL the arials from all cars (barr my father in laws? :S) and as a result I had to go get a new one. I bought an anti theft one from Halfords, reception was lesser than before, quality was a little more distorted than previously and TA no longer worked. So I would say approach aftermarkets with Caution and if you value TA's and radio quality, best stick with Ford for the parts.

• Like 1

Sorted the aerial. Finally managed to get it on today. Did some research on aftermarket aerials and my conclusion was to refrain from them and stick with fords own

• Like 2

Sorted the aerial. Finally managed to get it on today. Did some research on aftermarket aerials and my conclusion was to refrain from them and stick with fords own

Thanks for letting us know and confirming what I heard. It's a shame its worse though.

On tge good side though buddy atleast you now know how to change it your self

Yeah thanx to the help and support of the people on here couldn't have done it without u guys. On the downside now gotta try and find a bonnet and a front bumper for as cheap as possible

• Like 1

What has happened to your bonnet n bumper mate?

• Like 1

I created a topic on it called bonnet and bumper. There is a picture posted there too. Have to zoom in for the bumper damage

• Like 1