Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Trouble

eddyjack

I have a 59 fiesta 1400cc some days it starts ok other days it will not start but I can jump start it could this be a faulty starter motor thnx for any help

Sounds more like your battery is on its way out.

Check the voltage, if it reports around 14 with the engine running, this is the correct voltage, but if you are struggling to start, its probably got a dead cell and cant give you enough amps...

How many miles do you do, and how often?

At this time of year especially, it is easy not to give the battery enough charge between starts if you mainly do short/infrequent journeys.

My older fiesta 1.4 did this last year after only having it for about a month, I got a varta black I think it is, no problems since and I rarely do a journey over 3 miles perhaps once a week it gets a 10-15 mile walloping seems to survive, as said before I came check the alternator output and don't believe the battery testers used at most places it said mine was fine and not 2 seconds later I went to start it again and oops. Haha.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

What was the issue and the fix in the end ed?