Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Dab Radio Info And Upgrade!

dsimcoe

Hi guys,

Im in need of assistance. I am a DJ and music producer and always need access to a system with USB or ipod/iphone connection.

The car i have just purchased is a 2009 Focus Titanium. Great sound system from Sony. DAB is ok but not an issue at the mo.

I have NO Aux input socket but do have an option on the head unit and a square socket hanging out of the glovebox.

NO bluetooth but do have the green and red phone buttons which displays 'Audio Muted' when pressed.

Is there ANY option to get a USB or any audio input to the head unit?

Thanks in advance to you all for your help.

2009 Focus

Titanium

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks. Ill have a look. If there are anymore helpers available please keep the advice coming. Thank you

2009 Focus

Titanium

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Is there any way of using the lead that comes from the rear of the unit to the glove box as a jack plug, and changing it to a usb socket instead?

At the moment i have an empty socket behind the glovebox where the previous owner has taken out the jack socket!

The standard aux input is purely audio (left, right and ground wires).

You can buy USB modules to plug into the radio loom to add this ability.

I recently installed a Ford USB system, it gives the ability to skip tracks and folders on USB sticks via the standard steering column controller but no support for iPod/iPhone/android or track details on the radio.

Sound quality is excellent though.

Great thank you. USB is all i need really. Shame about the tracks not listing on the unit though. Where can i get one of these units?

Is this with the bluetooth module too or is that a separate unit also?

Not bluetooth compatible afaik but if you happen to have a bluetooth dongle hanging around it wouldn't hurt to try it in the module, you may get lucky.

Thinking about that idea, haven't tried that out myself yet.

I'll have a go later.

Brilliant. Is this compatible with my CD player unit?

I have the DAB Sony unit. No bluetooth or cd changer. I havent looked that the back of the unit yet to see if there is a port for the changer and other devices.

The loom for the usb module just connects directly between the radio loom and socket on the radio.

All the cables you need will be in that kit.

On the European Gen3 radio (yours) there is no seperate changer input unlike earlier Ford radios (4000/5000/6000 models as were in the mk1 focus etc).

Everything on the European Gen2/3 radios connects via the standard quadlock connector except for the FM/DAB aerial inputs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club