Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody Got A Part Number Please

b4zz

as title I am after the ford part number for the rs/st led rear lights please if anybody has got it. :)

sorry if this has been asked before but I have done a quick search but could not find anything. :(

I emailed my local ford parts dealer but they wanted a chassis number :( witch I haven't got as I got a normal focus zetec model :rolleyes:

thanks for any help its much appreciated :D B)

Right hand drive LED (Level 2) left hand light - 1520776 - £130ish.

Right hand drive LED (Level 2) right hand light - 1520768 - £136ish.

Why one side is dearer than the other I can't fathom but strangely they are.

• Like 1

Have seen quite a few of these (relatively speaking...maybe half a dozen sets) come on eBay and the ST Owners forum over the last few weeks for a lot less than £260, so keep an eye out for a bargain mate!

Aye eBay is the place mate, they pop on every now and then. Where I grabbed mine, selling the old ones to recoup some of the cost.

E.g

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131050486388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380724313505?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cheers for the help and links guys its much appreciated :)

think I will get Christmas and new year outa the way then see about getting myself a set of these. :D

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't happen to get that set on eBay Ben linked for £70 by any chance?!

By the way, in the meantime whilst you keep on the hunt for the real deal, have you thought of modding your current ones for the dual-lit effect? For the cost of a couple of quid and an hour of your time max, you could wire in a little red LED strip to the top half of the unit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-5cm-3-SMD-LED-Flexible-Strip-Light-Car-Van-bike-12V-custom-lighting-/281175995541?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4177653495

I did this when upgrading the red tail-lights on my Mk2 to the clear Mk2.5 ones. Took a good few photos during the process but still haven't got round to writing up a guide.

I love the upgrade from the standard Mk2 units, and really like the end result of the fully lit units at night. Only thing at the minute is the LEDs at the top give off a slightly deeper red than the halogen bulb at the bottom, making it look a bit orange-y. I'll post a few of my pics below and will try dig out the notes/diagrams I made when doing it for any Mk2 owners interested...

• Like 1

You didn't happen to get that set on ebay Ben linked for £70 by any chance?!

By the way, in the meantime whilst you keep on the hunt for the real deal, have you thought of modding your current ones for the dual-lit effect? For the cost of a couple of quid and an hour of your time max, you could wire in a little red LED strip to the top half of the unit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-5cm-3-SMD-LED-Flexible-Strip-Light-Car-Van-bike-12V-custom-lighting-/281175995541?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4177653495

I did this when upgrading the red tail-lights on my Mk2 to the clear Mk2.5 ones. Took a good few photos during the process but still haven't got round to writing up a guide.

I love the upgrade from the standard Mk2 units, and really like the end result of the fully lit units at night. Only thing at the minute is the LEDs at the top give off a slightly deeper red than the halogen bulb at the bottom, making it look a bit orange-y. I'll post a few of my pics below and will try dig out the notes/diagrams I made when doing it for any Mk2 owners interested...

Nah i got some RS LED lights for around £150 on eBay. I sold a few things on eBay and gumtree and have more than recouped the cost of them. They are stunning at night. :D

Nah i got some RS LED lights for around £150 on eBay.

Sorry mate, my post was directed at Barry there, asking if he got the lights that you posted a link to in the 'eBay Finds' forum...

think I will get Christmas and new year outa the way then see about getting myself a set of these. :D

I was just suggesting that if Barry was waiting til after Christmas to gather up the funds for these, that it's a dead easy and dirt cheap mod to add a couple of LEDs for a similar effect in the interim, just as a temporary mod before upgrading.

I know they're still not a patch on the genuine LED units, but they're a hell of an upgrade (in my eyes at least) on the pre-facelift Mk2 lights that I had in as standard.

I'm gonna get a pair of red stop/tail LEDs to try out for the bulb at the bottom...hopefully should improve colour match, but I've just always been sceptical about the brightness of them in daylight as brake bulbs. Mind you, the clear LED light in my RS spoiler is pretty hard to miss! Will get a few pics up asap...

Ah you said Ben, in reading it back now I should have guessed u meant Barry.lol

You just drill a little hole at the base of the indicator bulb holder part and feed the length of wiring attached to the LED strip through from the inside...

post-30295-0-78497400-1387385658_thumb.j

Peel off the 3M backing on the strip and stick to the inside of the light unit...

post-30295-0-74488800-1387385676_thumb.j

Tap the wires into the existing loom...

post-30295-0-83989300-1387385865_thumb.j

Et voila! RS style dual-lit LED tail-lights for the princely grand total of £1.98 (if you've already got the 2.5 clear units of course, along with a drill, and either some snips and electrical insulation tape or a few scotchlocks)! :D

Next two pics are of just passenger side fitted...

post-30295-0-09845600-1387387066_thumb.j

post-30295-0-54633500-1387387086_thumb.j

Then driver's side fitted also!

post-30295-0-79481100-1387387153_thumb.j

post-30295-0-60516000-1387387173_thumb.j

post-30295-0-88639400-1387387221_thumb.j

post-30295-0-36896100-1387387242_thumb.j

As always, pics don't really do justice and the colour difference isn't as bad in real life, but I won't deny that it's def noticeable. As said though, hopefully a decent pair of LED stop/tails will cure that.

Have no issues with the LED strip 'flooding' the indicator either (actually 'accidentally' wired them so LED strip flashes off when indicator flashes on, and decided to keep it that way!) and Silvatec indicator bulbs a must also when fitting the clear units.

If any Mk2 owners are interested in this I have more pics of the fitting and wiring, and have written down somewhere which wires go where when splicing new loom into old loom, so just shout and I'll do my best to help in interested.

Ah you said Ben, in reading it back now I should have guessed u meant Barry.lol

Ah right, get it now...I meant yourself alright, but as in it was you who put up the link for the lights, but was posing the question to Barry in case he was the lucky one who grabbed the bargain...see below! ;)

"You didn't happen to get that set on ebay THAT Ben linked for £70 by any chance?!"

nope im not that lucky fella lol.

cheers for the info for what you have done and it does look good but I will hang on till next year and keep my eyes open on eBay gumtree etc and im sure at some point I will strick lucky

nope im not that lucky fella lol.

cheers for the info for what you have done and it does look good but I will hang on till next year and keep my eyes open on ebay gumtree etc and im sure at some point I will strick lucky

Cheers buddy, def a big upgrade from the Mk2 lights I had I reckon, just thought it might keep you busy til you find genuine units considering how cheap and easy it is to do! Will let you know anyway if I come across any ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club