Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Fiesta Cd6000 To Ford Sony Head Unit

Arim92

Hi all,

I have a mk6.5 fiesta with the standard cd6000 unit in it. I have just purchased the ford sony stereo (that comes in some of the fiestas) and have a few questions about installing it before it arrives!

This is the one:

post-48738-138628113977_thumb.jpg

Will it just be a straight swap and work?

Will it need a new adapter in the back of it or will the original work?

Will the steering wheel control still work with it?

And finally, the new one has bluetooth. What do I need to buy in order for it to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

I retrofitted the Sony radio on my previous Fiesta just like yours.

straight swap and work? -> Yes

Adapter on the back -> No

Steering wheel -> Works fine with the Sony radio.

bluetooth retrofit? -> Haven't done it, but you need a bluetooth module with bracket, loom (very expensive from Ford!) and microphone (with loom).

Thanks for the reply. So basically it's just a straight swap, Nothing else needed?

I think I'll give the bluetooth a miss then, would have been a bonus if it worked.

What's the sound difference like in the Sony one compared to the original?

Cheers.

I find the Sony ones sound pretty good on standard Speakers in comparison to the standard Visteon radios.

Obviously not as good as aftermarket radios but I reckon they're very good with mp3 via aux.

The quality of the Sony radio is much better than the original 6000CD.

The next problem is of course the Speakers. The OEM Speakers have paper cones, which sound (when compared with standard Pioneer speakers) awful.

That's why I placed a Pioneer TS-H687 speaker set. For a reasonable price you have good quality sound in your Fiesta!

Cheers for the input, appreciate it. How straight forward is it to change the door Speakers?

That's probably next on my list.

Andy.

The pioneers, they are 6x8s? Do they fit in the front?

Sorry for all the questions, new to all this!

There's one question, because I'm a bit confused. What is a Fiesta mk6,5 in the UK?

Because over here on the continent the mk6,5 is build from 2005 to 2008. And the mk6 is build from 2001 until 2005.

The Sony radio on your picture only fits in the mk6,5 build from 2005 until 2008.

The wiring from both Fiesta's are different.

The Speakers are the same, so that won't be a problem.

I you open this link you can see a mk6 and a guide to replace the Speakers.

Got the stereo today. Just fitted it, works and sounds great.

My only concern is that when I turn the ignition off, the stereo goes off and the date and time appear on the display. However they seem to stay on and don't go off?

Do you know if that's suppose to happen?

Perfectly normal.

The radio has a battery live feed for memory retention/one hour play so there's always power going through it.

The draw is very small anyway.

Thanks for that. Was just worried that it may drain the battery. Does the display go off on its own after a bit?

Cheers.

In my old Fiesta the screen went off after 10 minutes.

My dad's focus display went off after 30 minutes.

So just lock your car and take a look after 30 minutes, it should be off by then.

Do you have a photo for us to see?

Upgrading sounds like a good mod but I'm not sure if it would look out of place - I quite like how the 6000CD blends into the rest of the dash but the benefits of the Sony unit do sound good

Sorry to be a pain, I've had a google and found this Sony 132 headunit

$T2eC16FHJFwFFZ+gLebNBR(gk+E+YQ~~60_35.J

And feel like that is the one I would probably go for (the orange lighting of your unit would drive me insane as it wouldnt match). Ive read a few threads where people say it doesn't sit flush with their dash though (changing from Mondeo to Focus with a 6000CD, cant find a thread where its been done to a Fiesta) did you find you had this problem when swapping your headunit over?

Hi, the Sony unit I've fitted fits flush, it's the same as the ford one.

I was worried too about the orange lighting clashing with the green, but it's not too bad actually.

The picture you have posted doesn't seem to load so I can't see it. Try again maybe?

I'll upload a picture of mine when I get home later.

@Hjalle: The Sony radio on your picture won't fit in a Fiesta. That is the Mondeo MK3 version. There is a big difference!

My picture shows the Sony radio with the green display (from a focus mk2).

Works perfectly, except for the little screen between your dials and the Ford OEM bluetooth module.

Ford made 2 versions, the single cd version (mp3 compatible) and the 6cd changer version (non mp3).

dsc0256q.jpg

Jusy to add, make sure any gen2 Sony radios you buy are Focus or Fiesta ones as the one for the Mondeo is different dimensions, the faceplate is angled to suit the curve of the MK3 mondeo dash, and also the faceplate is wider at the top than the bottom.

The focus stereo looks great in your picture, I originally really wanted that one but from what I read I didn't think it would fit!

Purely for the matching green lights I would want this stereo, but the fact that the display inbetween the dials won't work would annoy me.

I guess we just can't have the best of both worlds! Looks like its one or the other!

• 7 months later...

Rather than starting a new topic I thought I would try posting on here as it may help someone later.

I have fitted a similar unit, albeit the DAB version, to a 2006 Fiesta and I now have the issue of the stereo draining the battery. I have had a google and I am not the only one, but I haven't seen a solution (aside from a seperate switch for this which I do not want to do). I did not modify the original wiring harness, bar adding an auxiliary input wiring harness.

I measured the current at the fusebox with the car locked and it was 0.61Amps, which has previously drained my battery as you can imagine. I waited 8 minutes this time monitoring the current which was constant, but when I park the car the clock and orange backlight stays on. There were a few other current draws which were minimal in comparison which is why I would attribute my issue to this.

Does anyone know if there is any settings etc which can be modified to bypass this? Rather than just pulling the fuse out every time etc. I imagine a software update would be unfeasible due to the mismatch of components on the car?

Any help would be greatly received!

• 5 years later...

Hi I have a focus Sony head unit would it fit into my 6.5 fiesta?

Hi I have a focus Sony head unit would it fit into my 6.5 fiesta?
If you have the standard fit radio rather than the triple stack style then yes.
It will be a direct replacement.
Just make sure it's a Focus / Fiesta / Transit Connect one not a Mondeo one as else the front plate won't fit, the radio casing is angled and it's too deep for the dash.
I'm assuming one of these styles?-

654f3f61c2858371d83da6b5e6d612d0.jpg

04a40857d4d738627a0d7eb155d3b120.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi yes it's from the focus MK2 face lift so it's the screw in instead of keys if that makes sense 

Follow up question if I take the cage from my current 6000cd would it fit on the Sony unit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club