Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

talksy

Tdci's Without A Dpf

5 posts in this topic

Hi, a friend of mine has had several DPF woes with his Ford Focus 58 TDCI. Unfortunately, he wrote it off two weeks ago when he hit a deer. As luck would have it, he had just spent a small fortune on getting the DPF changed. Now it has been written off, his repair work has been futile.

He is looking at purchasing a smaller Fiesta. He has seen a nice 1.6 TFCi Zetec Climate.

It is a 56 plate with low mileage (26k). Can anyone tell me if this sort of model comes with a blasted DPF?

My 59 plate Focus 1.8 is a year newer than his focus of late, has an older lynx engine and does not have a dpf. Ideally he wants one like mine which does not as althogh tax is cheap, the repair bills on the dpf are huge and he does high mileage.

Hi I think 2010 was the first year that ford put a dpf into the 1.6 Tdci 1.4 Tdci will not have one .Not sure of the date but if it is £30 road tax no Dpf ? £20 Tax Dpf I THINK?

talksy likes this

Hi I think 2010 was the first year that ford put a dpf into the 1.6 Tdci 1.4 Tdci will not have one .Not sure of the date but if it is £30 road tax no Dpf ? £20 Tax Dpf I THINK?

Thanks very much :)

DPF's are like an invisible tax lol

Yes, correct advice there, no DPF's pre 2010 (in this country) mine is a 58plate 1.6tdci, and tax is £20 for the year :-)

talksy likes this

As above, pre March 2010 Fiesta's are DPF free.

talksy likes this