• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 exponential

exponential

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 410 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: 1.6 TDCI Focus Estate Titanium (109)
  • Year: 2009

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

https://www.gov.uk/g...ticulate-filter

Just read this bit of info on the removal of a DPF......

Looks like im cancelling my DPF removal appointment! :(

Gutted. (No pun intended) :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dreadz

dreadz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: ade
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2007

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

why? its purely visual check!!

the filter cannister is left in place- they cannot check whats inside. its all those that have bypass pipes etc

#3 exponential

exponential

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

why? its purely visual check!!

the filter cannister is left in place- they cannot check whats inside. its all those that have bypass pipes etc

Really?? I really hope so because I am desperate to have mine done. Its causing me quite a few issues at the moment.

The way the document is worded, seems to suggest an actual test for DPF fuctionality or have I completely misread it??

#4 dreadz

dreadz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

you hvae misread it...it states as part of the exhaust system check(which is visual)

#5 exponential

exponential

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

you hvae misread it...it states as part of the exhaust system check(which is visual)

Pheeeeeeewwwww! :D

Thanks for clarifying that dreadz! I just read it and assumed the worst.

Roll on January to get it deleted . . . . .

Just a little thing called christmas to get through first though. Hahaha.

#6 markw96

markw96

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 tdci titanium (DPF)
  • Year: 2008

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Get it done, you won't regret it! I had mine done last week. I have gone from 107bhp to 143bhp! It's like driving a different car!

#7 exponential

exponential

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Get it done, you won't regret it! I had mine done last week. I have gone from 107bhp to 143bhp! It's like driving a different car!

Wow. Thats some improvement pal! Bet you've got bags of torque aswel eh??

How does the re-map work? I mean, do you get given options on the amount of BHP/torque increase based on what you personally want or is it done by the "type" of re-map?
So say, economy right through to maximum power not so much economy.....

Do you see where im coming from?

Was your motor rolling roaded before and after aswel?

#8 wase16ll

wase16ll

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: granada
  • Year: 1992

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

be warned...this may very well extend beyond plain visual check either when it comes in or adapted later.

this could also include operation of warning light, and in time, may very well include actual access to diagnostics which will show dpf is deleted.

wouldnt take it for granted its a simple visual check just yet as its vosa that decides test procedures not the government..if vosa decides a visual is all thats needed initially, wont be long before pressure makes them change it to something more stringent

#9 markw96

markw96

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 tdci titanium (DPF)
  • Year: 2008

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Pulls like a train all the way, bags of torque. Had a choice of economy, hybrid or performance, so naturally I went for the performance lol. The remapping it's self don't take long at all, it took longer to sort the dpf out (cut & weld job) and yes I had it on the rolling road before and after. They even tried it on the rolling road with just the dpf removed physically & from the ecu (no enhancements) and it gained 10bhp.

#10 exponential

exponential

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

be warned...this may very well extend beyond plain visual check either when it comes in or adapted later.

this could also include operation of warning light, and in time, may very well include actual access to diagnostics which will show dpf is deleted.

wouldnt take it for granted its a simple visual check just yet as its vosa that decides test procedures not the government..if vosa decides a visual is all thats needed initially, wont be long before pressure makes them change it to something more stringent

Hi tony.

Yeah, that is something that concerns me to be honest. If they introduce more stringent tests in the future, a huge amount of people will have a big problem!

I really want to have this done because the DPF, in my opinion, is an absolute money pit!
Mine is a "coated" DPF which is meant to be a lifetime product yet it continuously throws me an E.M.L which in turn affects my engine's performance and economy. It wants to keep regenerating which uses more fuel etc etc.
I clear the codes regular but it returns again and again.

Its a bit of a catch 22.

#11 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,056 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

To inform you from an mot tester i know as i said long ago it would happen to test the car will be made using a piece of equipment to force regen thats how they will test it the computer will state when regen is happening if it doesnt you fail to tell if the dpf is removed so all who have had it done are illegally driving this will be checked after an accident if tge cars a write off the dpf will be removed due to its value should it not be present youre insurance is nil and void read the statement they are to check as they are aware companies are illegaly removing them its not a visual check

#12 wase16ll

wase16ll

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: granada
  • Year: 1992

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

why i would never buy a car with dpf system.....it will improve but no help to those already out there.

im not a betting man, but i reckon all angles will be covered by vosa sooner or later.

similar thing was planned for cats on petrol, but the introduction of the after cat sensor more or less stopped the mass numbers of people removing the innards of the cat.

#13 exponential

exponential

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Pulls like a train all the way, bags of torque. Had a choice of economy, hybrid or performance, so naturally I went for the performance lol. The remapping it's self don't take long at all, it took longer to sort the dpf out (cut & weld job) and yes I had it on the rolling road before and after. They even tried it on the rolling road with just the dpf removed physically & from the ecu (no enhancements) and it gained 10bhp.

Now thats what I like to hear! :)
Just reading the "pulls like a train" bit put a huge grin on my face! LOL

I bet you'll still improve your economy aswel even though you went for the all out performance re-map.
I would probably go for the middle ground and go the hybrid route for a lot more economy but with a bit of extra poke!

Are you not bothered about what tony just said though?
Maybe more stringent tests in the future.....

#14 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,056 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Read above and be warned from an mot tester the car will be made to regen since the removal stops this no regen no dpf if in doubt a tester can use obd software to check trust me all angles are covered so you wont get away with it it was never legal to do it now theyre proving it so see all these companies close down or face prosecution

#15 dreadz

dreadz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Doesn't bother me in the slightest... There will always be ways around it. If your gonna do it... Get it done and stop messing about lol. For years people been saying this is gonna happen blah blah blah... Let's just see eh? Nobody is saying hand held computers etc are going to be used, that's someone opinion!! We've all got an opinion!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users