Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1.5 Focus Will Not Rev When Warm

Blackie_No1

It will say fomo co or motor craft i still think if u replace ur filter an still same u really need get fuel pressure checked them pumps give bit trouble with similar symptoms to Urs

Aye it is a fomoco filter, but it wasn't fitted by fomoco, im trying to figure out if it was changed in 07 as the receipts(Fred in the Shed receipt) suggest or if its older!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Ford OC mobile app

Just replace it they due evey 3 years an at least u can rule it out if it's the problem

• Like 2

Oh its replaced, just trying/hoping this is it cured! Lol. I have a feelingbthr filters in the pump are fubar'd as well!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Ford OC mobile app

We'll I defo wreck it's ur pump mostly u only gettin hard starting issues on petrol car fuel filter well that's all I have come across so I could be wrong but if it still there u need check pressure before spending money on new pump

• Like 2

It starts fine, just doesn't rev after 5 or 6 miles. I forgot to mention that when I popped the hoses of the filter there was no spray or evidence of "stored" fuel pressure :(

Well I wouldn let that confuse u ur issue only when warm u said drives grand until engine gets hot an then don't rev now fuel filter can have some issues on drivability but i don't think a filter would would cause ur issue but I could be wrong like I had focus years wouldn rev over 3000rpm when I drove car with fuel pressure gauge on pressure would drop a lot replaced pump an problem solved

Yea I know what you mean, I guess I'm just hoping that it's cured but I have a nasty feeling it is the pump as you say :(

I'll know in the next few days when I start driving it again.

Fingers crossed for u bud it works no one deserves thAt for Christmas present ha

• Like 2

No! Defo not. Just looked at the container again and now that a lot if the fuel has evaporated off it almost looks like a fine sand that has been left behind

Just took it for a short hard run, took it to 6k rpm in every gear to put as much pressure as I could and no hiccups do far, though that said it was 90miles I covered after the last long period of rest before it did it, so I'm not getting my hopes up!

• Like 1

Whilst I was out I stuck £20 into it, roughly 15 ltrs bringing it to just below half full

And it's back to just below qtr full and it's messing about again, think its a pump or a really diry tank

Well u need check pressure while driving under quarter tank don't just buy pump indi garage couldn charge u much do fuel pressure test

Cheers fella, I'm thinking it must be dirt, can't think why a pump would work ok with more than a qtr tank?

The lower the fuel level the worse the car runs it seems :(

No experience myself but I have read that this is a failing fuel pump.

The 1/4 tank bit was mentioned - but can't remember where I read it.

Yea, think I read it somewhere too :(

I'll maybe just have to keep it well above qtr full for a while

most likely a pump problem, but could also be water in tank, as water will sit at bottom of tank so lower the fuel more likely to be sucking up water....just a thought

Can anyone tell me the location of the Schrader valve that is supposed to be on the fuel rail?