Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1.5 Focus Will Not Rev When Warm

Blackie_No1

Is there a red clip on one end and white on other side a pipe on each side the rail

I have two hoses, one with red clips either end and one with white clips. The one with white clips I presume an in line fpr half way along it. The one with the red clips seems to come from an fpr on the end of the injection rail.

I have undone the white clipped one which did have a bit of pressure behind it(sprayed me!!) so I'm guessing it's the main feed, not sure what the other one is considering everywhere I've read this is a "return less" system!

Yeah as far as I remember white feed red return did u get fuel pressure tester sorted

Yea got a pressure tester and the following vid shows the results, however I think I need to get the car down to a qtr full again and test it when it's going bad

Also am I right by saying there are two fpr's?

post-27636-138824437878_thumb.jpg

post-27636-13882443911_thumb.jpg

I suppose I should add that temperature is no longer a factor as last night it did it before the car got warm, but the fuel gauge was near the lowest line

Yeah u need check it while tank low what is in tank now ur getting closer to moment of truth ha

• Like 2

Hey, ive not had time to read all the posts on this and im sorry if uve cured it or someone has mentioned this already.

When your car is at the point of this problem occuring, try unplugging the air flow meter. If the problem gets worse then u can probably just ignore me, if it gets better then its safe to say that this is the issue. Also, when the car is at the time of the problem and u cant rev it, turn it off then unplug the air flow meter and start it again, if its better then change it!

See how it goes...

Thanks for your input but I'm fairly certain I've it narrowed down to fueling.

I can't get my head round why the pump would be failing when there's less than a qtr tank though, I just don't get the logic?

i wouldnt discount anything at this stage, youve got nothing so far to prove its fueling beyond the problem seemingly appearing at low fuel...maybe coincidental red herring... though its the obvious area to thoroughly check.

also may not be pump failing at all, you need to first confirm pressure is dropping at the time of the problem, if it is, then need to look into why, could just as easily be the filter on the pump blocking due to debris in tank, or possibly failing regulator.

in other words, putting a replacement pump in now, would be a gamble as you have nothing to prove its failing...could still turn out to be totally unrelated to fueling

• Like 1

True, but I can rule out engine operating temp as the last time the car did it, I had barely covered half a mile and the car had not lifted the temp gauge

hows about a faulty fuel sender unit, and when it says 1/4 full ur almost dragging the crap on the bottom? car runs fine when gauge states 1/2?

• Like 1

hows about a faulty fuel sender unit, and when it says 1/4 full ur almost dragging the crap on the bottom? car runs fine when gauge states 1/2?

Yea, something that is in my mind

I was speaking to another local focus owner who had a similar problem which was cured with a new fuel pump, whichnid more or less what ive been thinking all along.

Going to drop the tank next week when I'm off work to have a look

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club