Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phoebe The Mk7 S1600 (Pic Heavy)

Merv130

Is there a way you could swap the racing stripes to black? I reckon that would look better.

Not that it doesn't look good as it is!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

You can get black stripes from DMB I think, but then it wouldn't be an s1600 anymore if I changed them. If I was to do anything I think it would be to take the center stripes off and leave the ones on the side. But i'm happy with them for now

some better pics

D67DAD18-B9AE-48F3-A42B-2710F0908711_zps

5D9737FB-E4E5-48E2-B1C1-E995FBD54A3F_zps

7ba0e2e3-b902-4dd8-b9f1-af41ac01a63a_zps

13112DA6-99D3-4E54-B5DD-13A6CFA97A53_zps

and one from a meet I was at on sunday

portrusheastersunday_zps30eaceca.jpg

• Like 1

That's fair. It looks good as it is anyway :)

how hard was it to change your shifter to the moutune one? and does it make much of a difference at all?? also do you know what offset your alloys are by any chance>?

Hi mate, wheel nut covers were around £10 from ebay, black locking wheel nuts can also be got from ebay, but I picked them up through work with my discount.

cheers for that fella and the black nut covers and black locking wheel nuts have made a big difference.

what is the quality like on the nut covers please as I am looking for some for my car.

the car is looking spot on after your hard days cleaning.

sorry to hear about the parts going off it.

cheers for that fella and the black nut covers and black locking wheel nuts have made a big difference.

what is the quality like on the nut covers please as I am looking for some for my car.

the car is looking spot on after your hard days cleaning.

sorry to hear about the parts going off it.

ive ordered some for mine too :) they say they fit tightly and you have to use a tool to remove them that comes with them

how hard was it to change your shifter to the moutune one? and does it make much of a difference at all?? also do you know what offset your alloys are by any chance>?

streetpacks are 7x17 ET 47.5 I think

yeah the mountune short shifter is brilliant, I love it. Makes the shifts a lot shorter, and I used to find the gear stick used to get in the way of my right leg while cruising in 5th gear, no problem now.

ive ordered some for mine too :) they say they fit tightly and you have to use a tool to remove them that comes with them

yeah they fit tightly and are made of a hard black plastic

D6BA9376-7ABB-448F-B371-6F0894FF3A9B_zps

some beading shots

7534708A-EFE4-48A6-926D-4276796A0D59_zps

6D4BC433-779A-45E4-A8F5-DF9C6ED555E6_zps

• Like 1

streetpacks are 7x17 ET 47.5 I think

yeah the mountune short shifter is brilliant, I love it. Makes the shifts a lot shorter, and I used to find the gear stick used to get in the way of my right leg while cruising in 5th gear, no problem now.

cheers no wonder mine stick so far out with 15mm spacers mine are et 37 so 10mm more than stock, i have a little problem on my ebiach spacers if you could help, when i put the wheel on coz my alloys have 4x108 and 4x100 fittment the original stud block the wheel from fully engaging but when i tighten them up they fit fine and perfectly but have caused a little damage to my alloys around the 4x100 fittment they have removed some of the metal off the alloy i can take a pic to show what i mean but didnt know fi you had any problems fitting your spacers?

also is the shifter just 4 bolts to undo and redo to fit?

cheers no wonder mine stick so far out with 15mm spacers mine are et 37 so 10mm more than stock, i have a little problem on my ebiach spacers if you could help, when i put the wheel on coz my alloys have 4x108 and 4x100 fittment the original stud block the wheel from fully engaging but when i tighten them up they fit fine and perfectly but have caused a little damage to my alloys around the 4x100 fittment they have removed some of the metal off the alloy i can take a pic to show what i mean but didnt know fi you had any problems fitting your spacers?

also is the shifter just 4 bolts to undo and redo to fit?

do you mean the back of the alloy where the bolts of the hub go? mybe a pic would help

sorry forgot to say, the shifter is just a mater of stripping down the center console and then 4 nuts and disconnecting the cables and then swapping it all over. I found it easy, just a bit of a pain in the !Removed!

Here's what i mean m8 you can see the studs from the axle have damaged the fitment on the alloys which i dont use, is this ok? The alloys are torqued up to the spacer correctly and the spacer is torqued up to the axle hub correctly too

post-43519-139836496894_thumb.jpg

post-43519-139836497823_thumb.jpg

post-43519-139836498771_thumb.jpg

post-43519-139836499636_thumb.jpg

post-43519-13983650054_thumb.jpg

You can see its damaged the material

Nice one cheers, what cables do you have to undo? I know there aint a lot of room to move about in there carnt be as bad a fitting a strut brace -.- lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

is there a gap between the spacer face and the alloy in this photo?

I would be more concerned about that than the damage, did you ever consider getting the spacers with longer bolts? might solve the issue for you.

the cables that select the gears, they are on a ball joint connection. they pop straight off and pop on same area in mountune one.

is there a gap between the spacer face and the alloy in this photo?

I would be more concerned about that than the damage, did you ever consider getting the spacers with longer bolts? might solve the issue for you.

the cables that select the gears, they are on a ball joint connection. they pop straight off and pop on same area in mountune one.

no there isn't my alloys have a weird fitting to the spacer and did on the axle it comes down at an angle then it sits flush with the spacer, i know the ones you mean but i haven't a clue on how to fit them at all :/ and spent quite a bit on these lol

and cheers for the info might have to order myself one soon :)

If its sitting flush then I wouldn't be as concerned about it, its not like you need the other fitment, I would just keep an eye on it.

replaced my aerial today, my old one had weather badly and the end had somehow went missing.

new aerial fitted

D145B423-9BE7-4B5B-B8C3-AD8F6159F0ED_zps

Yh i wipped the wheel of this morn and you can see where its been sat flush against the spacer so thats fun there wasnt any wobble just concerned lol but na all good, thx for the help, and is that a bee sting? Would you mind doing a review on how the reception is on one of them? Ive heard a lot of mixed opinions

I will let you know Daniel what the aerial is like after I have driven with it for a while, its the richbrook aerial from Halfords

I have arranged a group buy on fiesta mk7 side skirt extensions with Kev from triple r, the thread can be found here if anyone is interested

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/55904-fiesta-mk7-side-skirt-extension-group-buy/

yep thats right and you also have to remove them when changing a wheel so the removal tool will come in very handy.

cant wait to get mine now and then will be on the hunt for the black mcgard locking wheel nuts just to finish them off.

merv the beading on your car looks so sweet what products did you use.

liking the short arial

yep thats right and you also have to remove them when changing a wheel so the removal tool will come in very handy.

cant wait to get mine now and then will be on the hunt for the black mcgard locking wheel nuts just to finish them off.

merv the beading on your car looks so sweet what products did you use.

liking the short arial

Had to take the wheel nut covers off today to get the wheels off, the tool they come with is useless as it kept slipping as I pulled and it scratched the face of the covers getting them off...lucky I have spare ones I suppose

products used were, Meguiars clay kit, orchard autorcare de tar, Meguiars ultimate polish, chemical guys jet seal, autoglym hd wax

the aerial does look good, but I have found reception to have suffered, haven't been driving a lot recently to properly judge yet though.

Stubby aerial looks a lot better. If you listen to a lot of radio it might be worth buying a signal booster that attaches to the back off the radio

Stubby aerial looks a lot better. If you listen to a lot of radio it might be worth buying a signal booster that attaches to the back off the radio

good shout, sell them all the time in work, never even thought of it for my own car! cheers

• Like 1

good shout, sell them all the time in work, never even thought of it for my own car! cheers

How do you fit Amps? I see a guide coming please if you do it of course ;) ?

• Like 1

Had a very productive day today, swaped out the s1600 rear diffuser for the ST one. Tried to take as many photos as I could along the way to help anyone else that wanted to do the same.

IMG_3155_zps35564b6e.jpg

first step was to drill out the rivets, 4 either side, 3 underneath and one in the arch

IMG_3156_zps14195d4c.jpg

with the rivets drilled out the rear diffuser will pull off with a bit of tugging.

IMG_3166_zps5837bb8f.jpg

to get the end flaps off there are clips that have to be pulled off tabs on the inside of the bumper

IMG_3172_zps7a248dfd.jpg

with these clips off the end flaps will just lift off

IMG_3167_zps6829db61.jpg

IMG_3168_zps860a576d.jpg

there is now 4 more rivets and need drilled out, holding the two plastic mounts on for the old endcaps

IMG_3176_zps820b32e6.jpg

Now that I had all the old parts stripped I cleaned all the dirt off the bumper using APC

IMG_3177_zps4752ac1d.jpg

• Like 1

Then working backwards the mounts for the new end caps have to be riveted on

IMG_3180_zpsc337fd72.jpg

comparison of old and new end caps

IMG_3171_zpse5d6f07a.jpg

To make the end caps fit the slots in the bumper, I had to trim some of the tabs down a bit and then pushed the clips back on the inside of the bumper using a pair of pliers.

they will then need to be riveted onto the mounts the same way as the old ones were.

endcaps fitted

IMG_3174_zps898d8028.jpg

I assembled the ST diffuser off the car, as I thought it would easier than when on the car. It pops together and then I used a two nuts and bolts to secure the two parts together either side. easier to take apart then if i had riveted.

Then the diffuser section should just push onto the car with a bit of force. To secure the diffuser I used to self tapers through the upper part of the diffuser which goes under the car into the end caps, again I could have riveted but I wanted the option to be able to remove it and I didn't have access to use nuts and bolts this time.

once I fitted it to the car I noticed that part of the bumper was showing on the right hand side of the cutout for the exhaust, so I used a dremel to cut the section away. its the area to the top right of the exhaust that curves downwards in the photo below

IMG_3183_zps8cd21a95.jpg

there was also two tabs on the bottom part of the diffuser which I cut off as they were useless when fitting it to a mk7

IMG_3154_zps76c36a76.jpg

photo of the diffuser fitted

IMG_3184_zpsf7284047.jpg

I also had smoked, LED rear fog lights and took the opportunity to fit them when I had the car jacked up and the wheels off.

nslf02lb_zps3348d473.jpeg

• Like 1

few photos of the rear diffuser and new rear fogs fitted

IMG_3185_zps79727793.jpg

IMG_3187_zps033982d8.jpg

IMG_3188_zps017e4875.jpg

IMG_3189_zpsfd9fa953.jpg

IMG_3193_zps7ac7c4af.jpg

I feel I need to make a decision on the centre stripes,

well have three options really

1) keep as it is, mountune apron and st diffuser stripe free

2) extend them onto diffuser and apron - what i was thinking of doing (i could always pull it off again)

3)take them off

here is a photo of the mountune apron

portrusheastersunday_zps30eaceca.jpg

whats everyones thoughts?

• Like 2