Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling All Fiesta St-2 Owners

Seapadders

I went down to my local ford dealers this afternoon just to check out what kind of deals are available on the Fiesta ST-2.

According to them the price is non-negotiable because the demand is so high, this kinda bummed me out a little bit.

Is this correct? If not...

What kind of deals did you get for your ST-2?

Cheers

I knew before I bought mine that discounts would be small and hard to get, and the dealer told me the same thing - due to the very high demand (mine took 4 days shy of 3 months to be delivered after ordering) there's no need for them to offer large discounts like on other models in the range. I was offered about £500 discount to begin with and told that this was the best they could do, but I managed to get extra things thrown in and more knocked off the price (plus a bit more on my trade-in, though I didn't get an amazing amount for it).

In short there are discounts to be had, but you need to push to get them unlike other cars where they give you £3k off just by asking once! I ended up getting just over £1k off of the total list price of car, paint, and options.

Mine was 16k including GAP insurance, and took a month to go from order to on my drive. I think I may have got a bit lucky though. Would have been 17500 but I got a privilege discount.. I got a discount of 1547 from the dealer.

The run of STs was supposed to be 5000 for the UK. Due to the demand Ford upped it another 2500 and as you've found out there are no big discounts. I bought an ST2 with a lot of the extras managed to get for free, the spare wheel, the style pack. diamondglaze paint and upholstery protection £100 of and £250 Ford discount. I did enquire about buying their demo car, but was offered a paltry £500 off list price for it. Still had to wait 8 weeks for the car to be built. So it's either bite the bullet or keep looking and maybe wait for someone part exchanging one.

Thanks guys. I'm probably going to have to wait a bit and hopefully get a used one next year sometime :'(

i got lucky,the garage that i test drove one had one on the four court with the full package in th colour i wanted but i managed to get the style pack free and the sat nav as i wasn't going to bother with it but they threw it in, so i got my car within a week they told me they ordered a load of st 2's using the salesmans names so they would have some to sell, i expect ford have caught on to that by now but might be worth looking around.

You are more likely to get something knocked off if it's already in stock as dealers want to move it on quickly as possible. Quite a big demand for these though so maybe getting some extra kit thrown in would be your best bet

There is certainly room for them to knock the price down a little, £1415 knocked off mine before they applied the priv discount. bought the showroom model which had style pack and sat nav fitted. Also got the spare wheel in the boot. You will get a deposit allowance of £250 quid if you finance it through ford credit.

A great car though well worth splashing out on.

Ordered mine back in September and build date is today. The dealer has tried every which way to source one from elsewhere but there is no chance. Ford are having a run on them this month but from looking at the computer they all appear to be spoken for.

Style pack is free on all ST's at the moment. I have managed to get my part-ex upped to about £10k for my 13 month old ZS and dealer has said he will "look after me" as I have waited so long but Ford are immovable as far as discounts are concerned at the moment.

Can't wait for delivery now, suspect I will pick up on 2nd Jan so I have a 2014 model.

Ordered mine back in September and build date is today. The dealer has tried every which way to source one from elsewhere but there is no chance. Ford are having a run on them this month but from looking at the computer they all appear to be spoken for. 

Style pack is free on all ST's at the moment. I have managed to get my part-ex upped to about £10k for my 13 month old ZS and dealer has said he will "look after me" as I have waited so long but Ford are immovable as far as discounts are concerned at the moment.

Can't wait for delivery now, suspect I will pick up on 2nd Jan so I have a 2014 model.

It will be a 2014 model year car anyway, I work in JaguarLandRover and we've been doing our 2014MY cars for 2 months now

So after the production run is finished they're just going to stop selling the ST? I want one, but I wont be able to afford one for a while :(

I can't see them sticking to a limited run, afterall look at the Metal and S1600's >.<

So after the production run is finished they're just going to stop selling the ST? I want one, but I wont be able to afford one for a while :(

I think what Philf1 meant was a run as in a bank run. Everyone wants one and ford cant keep up.

I was just referring to what Gary.J said about there being an initial production of 5000 cars, which has been increased to 7500 now. Is that the total number of cars that we'll see in the UK, or will they produce more if there is demand?

oh right sorry, surely they will carry it on as the demand is obviously there?

Where do you live mate, I contacted a dealer called Rufus Carr in Clitheroe which is in Lancashire and they have loads of ST-2's coming in. I rang him 2 weeks ago and I now have a brand new ST-2 sat on my driveway.

I was just referring to what Gary.J said about there being an initial production of 5000 cars, which has been increased to 7500 now. Is that the total number of cars that we'll see in the UK, or will they produce more if there is demand?

I'd imagine they will carry on producing as long as there is a decent demand. Any manufacturer will have a plan for a product as demand isn't fully known until that product is on sale. The Fiesta and ST is one of their new world cars, sold in several countries, so it's no great hardship for them to extend the production line.

Where do you live mate, I contacted a dealer called Rufus Carr in Clitheroe which is in Lancashire and they have loads of ST-2's coming in. I rang him 2 weeks ago and I now have a brand new ST-2 sat on my driveway.

Wow that's lucky. Did you get the colour and spec you wanted? I think some dealers have been "hiding" them from other dealers as the demand is so high.

I think what Philf1 meant was a run as in a bank run. Everyone wants one and ford cant keep up.

Daniel you got it ST is so popular Ford seem to have completely underestimated much demand there would be especially in UK spec. They certainly won't be ending production anytime soon as they have a cash cow on their hands.

Anyways I've been to my dealer and mine is now built, past the gate and sitting in Cologne awaiting shipping. So my beginning of January pick up looks to be on target, woohooo!

Yeah it's funny enough that I did. White, style pack and convenience pack. Got about £1700 discount on it, mats and a tank of fuel! Plus he is sorting me out with free breakdown cover every year if I get the car serviced with him and he's also going to do my mountune package in the near future! Couldn't be happier.

break down cover is free with ford anyway.Has been since i can remember :D

break down cover is free with ford anyway.Has been since i can remember :D

You only get 12 months AA cover so if Tom gets 3 years out of his dealer that's got to be worth an extra £70 or more per year. Mind you the service costs won't be cheap. When I got my ZS last year I got a free service as part of the deal and the cost would have been £165.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club