Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner, Simple Stock Mods

D3MENT3D

Firstly, I'm new on here but having just purchased my first Ford, thought I'd join.

Just bought a 56 1.4 Zetec 3dr in what seems to be performance blue.

Just wondering on some advice on some simple mods due to the time of year nothing major as yet (I'm a JDM fan so might try some TE37's and other stuff along those lines, just never seen that look on a fiesta). But for now, need some simple mods I can do with spare cash, already been offered my mates Sony CD player off his crashed Zetec Blue, will that be a straight swap or do I need a wiring adaptor? And I can also raid his car for more bits (bluetooth USB etc) anyone done a retrofit of these?

Also could I retrofit a steering wheel with the audio controls and get it to work fine or would I be best getting the stork behind the wheel (unless they're one and the same), cruise control, does the AUX kit for the 6000 CD work with the sony? Also going to get a blue leather/alcantara gaitor and if anyone knows where sells nicely weighted gear knobs that would be great.

Any advice/tips appreciated and guides too, bare in mind I'm also coming from a Civic so I'm used to being spoilt for choice on mods.

Thanks again

Not too sure but I do think the sony HU will be a straight swap, the audio stalk controls are also plug and play(you will need the lower cowling with the space cut out(I did a guide on this but seems to have disappeared? Basically remove the lower cowling and you will see a wire with a little connector on it taped into a loom plug it in:-)

I have just fitted an auto dimming interior mirror, you could add foot well lights, electric mirror coversion(if you don't have them) there's loads you can do to the mk6 here's a link to a decent aluminium gear knob.... http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_alluminium_gear_lever_knob_f_1359006.htm

Thanks mate, just found that mine already has the AUX in the glovebox so will this just plug straight into the sony unit?

I saw that website and also the cowling for the stereo controls made up it's just plug and play.

Any links to a build thread? Kinda like the sound of the auto dimming mirror as every bugger seems to drive with badly fitted HIDs around here or full beam all the time.

I'm not too sure about the aux plugging straight into the sony unit, I have mk6 pre facelift so completely different to your facelift. I could send you an audio stalk for a tenner if you wanted?

Yes mate the auto dimming mirror is one of the best mods I've done to date its awesome:-) dead easy to fit and wire in.

• Like 1

That'll be great mate, would appreciate that. Gonna have to be next Friday though as insurance, transport and the wife's shoe addiction has cleaned me completely out until then. PM'd

Also while I'm at it, anyone know if I can buy a flip key blank and get it cut to my key? Mines the old round shaft flat head type as I only have 1 key for the car (I know how to reprogram it to the car)

I'm not too sure about the aux plugging straight into the sony unit, I have mk6 pre facelift so completely different to your facelift. I could send you an audio stalk for a tenner if you wanted?

Yes mate the auto dimming mirror is one of the best mods I've done to date its awesome:-) dead easy to fit and wire in.

Thats the best mod i've done but in my mk1.5 focus ,& intend to do in my sons fiesta zetec,thats when it arrives.

yunii

• Like 1

Thats the best mod i've done but in my mk1.5 focus ,& intend to do in my sons fiesta zetec,thats when it arrives.

yunii

Awesome mate ain't it.... Is yours like this one?......post-35396-138670841938_thumb.jpg

I had the option to fit the courtesy lights for behind sun visor, but didn't have the bottle to cut my roof lining lol

Awesome mate ain't it.... Is yours like this one?......attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1386708414.872179.jpg

I had the option to fit the courtesy lights for behind sun visor, but didn't have the bottle to cut my roof lining lol

yes thats the one i fitted in focus & thats whats on order for fiesta, did the visor lamps & will do in fiesta & did centre dome light in focus but will fit focus oblong unit found in mk2 focus in centre of roof, also will do footwell lamps, extra power outlets,one in boot maybe. also thinking of adding a mondeo mk2 clock as fiesta mk6 has in speedo.

yunii

So did you just cut the roof lining and sandwich it between the metal back plate and the light? Few wee diagrams/pics would be good when you put them in the fez(if you can) where would you put the mondeo mk2 clock on the fez dash?

Apologies d3ment3d for hijacking your thread

lol

So did you just cut the roof lining and sandwich it between the metal back plate and the light? Few wee diagrams/pics would be good when you put them in the fez(if you can) where would you put the mondeo mk2 clock on the fez dash?

Apologies d3ment3d for hijacking your thread

lol

have patience,i will, when i get the parts ordered.in focus i measured & marked to align in middle from side,door to door & aligned it with front map light to be in line with, infact have submarine light found in focus titanuim/fiesta st etc also fittted rear park sensors myself , ,you need guts to drill in bumper but was easy.

yunii

Yes that's fine mate I'm in no real rush to get it done, but will attempt it once I see how you do yours :-)

Does the submarine light, courtesy light from focus titanium fit straight on to the mk6?

I saw a fez the other day with huge holes in the rear bumper(my thought was ill fitting parking sensors that fell out) lol

I wouldn't have the guts to do that... There's a local place that supply and fit for £100, and it's not the cheaper kits off eBay:-)

Another simple (but nerve wrecking) mod, is to add a sunglasses holder from a mondeo,,,, 2000 ish type model. I saw a guide a few years back when I did mine, you need to remove the interior light, then basically cut the roof lining to fit the glasses holder into place.... Takes a steady hand, but well worth the effort. And it's cheap too ;-)

A quick and simple one I found to be good was a detango of the side repeaters. I got some off a wrecked XR4, but Im sure there are cheap knock offs on eBay - I've also been wanting to detango my headlights to but I haven't been gutsy enough to do it yet!

If you find a way to fit cruise control let me know, that is one of the big features I miss in my Fiesta

Yes that's fine mate I'm in no real rush to get it done, but will attempt it once I see how you do yours :-)

Does the submarine light, courtesy light from focus titanium fit straight on to the mk6?

I saw a fez the other day with huge holes in the rear bumper(my thought was ill fitting parking sensors that fell out) lol

I wouldn't have the guts to do that... There's a local place that supply and fit for £100, and it's not the cheaper kits off eBay:-)

Yes mate, but need two feeds ,

1. I think red & green illumination

2.earth .

Their is motion sensors on the submarine light but you'd need feed from stock motion sensor if fitted.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

I also would like to do jaguar 4 button flipblade remote key, need w5 carbon chip & program it, also need ford tibbe blade for this remote as has cut out key for my old focus.

Yunii

Yunii, can I ask how you wired in the sub light? What do you mean by two feeds? Two live feeds? One for the courtesy light and a different one for the submarine lights?

Yunii, can I ask how you wired in the sub light? What do you mean by two feeds? Two live feeds? One for the courtesy light and a different one for the submarine lights?[/quote

Sorry one feed from headlamp switch , I think green/red (was on focus mk1.5)as earth is already on stock courtesy light multplug.when I get my laptop back from repair & I do mine will paste images.the sub light unit plugs into stock lights plugs but you need to add one wire as mentioned.as I currently have mk2.5 focus titanium ,it has as standard.will do this in fezz

Yunii

Aaah right I see thanks for clearing that one up yunii, I'd still like to see some images once you get your laptop back and do yours, if you don't mind

Is this the light that you did.... http://bit.ly/1bAVzBe

Seems pretty expensive, might head to local scrappies see if I can get it a bit cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Aaah right I see thanks for clearing that one up yunii, I'd still like to see some images once you get your laptop back and do yours, if you don't mind

Is this the light that you did.... http://bit.ly/1bAVzBe

Seems pretty expensive, might head to local scrappies see if I can get it a bit cheaper.

Hi mate done the mondeo autodimming rearview mirror.post-39671-138835275579_thumb.jpgpost-39671-138835277536_thumb.jpg

It's relatively easy.

Yunii

One if the coolest (and easiest) mods I've done.... Looks good yunii:-) everyone should add the mondeo dimming mirror its awesome :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club