Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dump Valve 1 Litre Ecobost Fiesta

elainegrant

Has anyone put a dump valve on there 1 litre ecobost fiesta??

I was looking to post this I'm the next day or so! I can see you can buy them from 80-160 online. But would getting would void your ford warranty for that specific part or the turbo?

Where were u looking at them?? Mmm I never thought about the warrenty

I was looking to post this I'm the next day or so! I can see you can buy them from 80-160 online. But would getting would void your ford warranty for that specific part or the turbo?

Ford would most likely try to attribute any turbo damage to an aftermarket dump valve. It's a safety device for the engine to stop air flowing backwards into the turbo which could cause damage. So yes, it probably would affect your warranty.

Wikipedia explains it reasonably well:

"Turbocharged engines operating at wide open throttle and high rpm require a large volume of air to flow between the turbo and the inlet of the engine. When the throttle is closed, compressed air flows to the throttle valve without an exit (i.e., the air has nowhere to go).

In this situation, the surge can raise the pressure of the air to a level that can cause damage. This is because if the pressure rises high enough, a compressor stall occurs—stored pressurized air decompresses backward across the impeller and out the inlet. The reverse flow back across the turbocharger makes the turbine shaft reduce in speed more quickly than it would naturally, possibly damaging the turbocharger.

To prevent this from happening, a valve is fitted between the turbo and inlet, which vents off the excess air pressure. These are known as an anti-surge, diverter, bypass, blow-off valve (BOV), or dump valve. It is a pressure relief valve, and is normally operated by the vacuum in the intake manifold."

With all due respect you'd look a bit naff with a dump valve on a 1.0. The idea of the "whooshp" dump valve are on cars running silly amounts of boost, your skylines, imprezas etc

• Like 2

I have a custom AirTec Induction kit and I get awesome flutters with mine and its a standard dump valve. Just need to charge the turbo and release the throttle slowly I got about 5-6 flutters max

• Like 1

With all due respect you'd look a bit naff with a dump valve on a 1.0. The idea of the "whooshp" dump valve are on cars running silly amounts of boost, your skylines, imprezas etc

With all due respect your car looks naff.

• Like 1

I have a custom AirTec Induction kit and I get awesome flutters with mine and its a standard dump valve. Just need to charge the turbo and release the throttle slowly I got about 5-6 flutters max

Was the induction kit expensive?? Do you know if the induction kit will affect your warranty?? I have a fiesta zetec s eco as well :)

Do you know if the induction kit will affect your warranty??

Only if something goes wrong... ;)

See the 'Exclusions' section:

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/Warranties/New-Car

Specifically:

"Ford is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of:...

• Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or its components"

And they could argue that any engine damage has been caused by an induction kit.

E.g. Unsatisfactory filtration of air entering the engine or inproper airflow making the engine run rich/lean. Increased power (even though minor) leading to increased wear.

I'm sure the law says they have to be able to prove the link between a modification and the failure but I wouldn't like to try arguing with Ford's lawyers...

• Like 1

With all due respect your car looks naff.

I don't think there's really a need for this sort of comment...

• Like 2

the comment wasnt even related to her and was a valid point if you ask me. we have a newbie keyboard warrior, probably drives a corsa

• Like 1

To be honest I started this post to ask if anyone had put a dump valve on there fiesta, I didn't ask if it was going to be naff or not :wacko: .

And its now gone totally off topic and started a bitching war.

I am no spring chicken and don't go cruising about at night anymore (my day is long gone!!) but everyone needs a good dump................ valve in there life!!! (in my option)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Did you ever manage to fit the dump or flutter valve here?

• Like 1

Now that is a thread revival!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club