Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,307 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Going to move this to the projects and build threads :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 MrKnoe

MrKnoe

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 92 posts
  • Name: Kane
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

That's fine I was going to start a new thread there however this being moved should be easier.

#18 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

It is an open cone filter it does have a waterproof sock just incase attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1387203170.602416.jpg

if the filter draws warm, underbonnet  air, it may loose power,(cooler air= higher air density=more oxegen per cc= more power- how an intercooler works) ideally, cool air should be drawn from outside the engine bay (eg using a pipercross venom or BMC CDA, if there is room for one) or some sort of precautions, like a heatshield, cool air feeds, or a vented bonnet - (still not as efficient as a fully-enclosed CAIS)  

Drawing the air from under the bonnet is worst when the ambient air is hot, and with limited airflow (eg- sitting in traffic or waiting at the start of a race (like a drag race) etc) but it will make a difference at other times, the intercooler cannot compensate for it as the heat from the intercooler will get dumped into the engine bay (along with the heat from the radiator)  - when you do a dyno run the bonnet is usually open so it may not show up - untill you actually start driving the car  

#19 MrKnoe

MrKnoe

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yeah I see what you're saying hence the reason I will be investing in Doing a grille modification as the new ford grille8s are only half exposed the other half is filled in. It can be either bored out or I may get a wire mesh grille. I may possibly invest in a heat shield like you said to ward off heat.

#20 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yeah I see what you're saying hence the reason I will be investing in Doing a grille modification as the new ford grille8s are only half exposed the other half is filled in. It can be either bored out or I may get a wire mesh grille. I may possibly invest in a heat shield like you said to ward off heat.

A heat shield does not really work because the warm air can get round it, ditto cool air feeds with an open filter - the open filter can still draw warm/ hot air, ideally, the intake air needs to de drawn from a cool place, and sealed/ insulated from the underbonnet air, (completely encapsulated) the exhaust manifold can also  be wrapped to reduce underbonnet temps

here is the pipercross venom  -

http://www.venommoto...ake-system.html

BMC CDA -

http://www.venommoto...com/bmc-cda.php

the bmc is used by some racing teams, its carbon fiber enclosure insulates the filter from heatsoak, it is quite big and might not fit your car, though  the pipercross is smaller  

EDIT - here is a induction kit from forge,for VAG cars, a snip at £336, it uses 2 BMCcdas ("twintake") and claims a 17Hp gain -  

http://fr-rtuning-sh...product_id=1220

#21 bigmunkynutz

bigmunkynutz

Slightly Addicted now...

• FOC Supporters
  • 347 posts
  • Name: Stephen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7.5 ZS 125PS+

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

It seem odd they've set the induction kit up like that, I'll post some pics of mine later but it's basically behind/below the LH headlight.

#22 MrKnoe

MrKnoe

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well feedback is great as this is a developed model so all the theory's and hypothesise are welcomed as it can be feedback to AirTec themselves :-)

#23 MrKnoe

MrKnoe

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

So just an update for you all I got my Miltek turbo back exhaust fitted. Here are some pics ImageUploadedByFord OC1387706765.938806.jpg ImageUploadedByFord OC1387706784.993865.jpg I also added the blue S badge to the rear next to come is my AirTec vinyls due to emitted in January alongside with my stage 2 Colin's remap. Here is a video of the take off.

#24 TomTitanium62

TomTitanium62

TomTitaniumTDCi

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Name: thomas
  • Ford Model: MK3 Focus Titanium 1.6TDCI
  • Year: 2012

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Very nice man, have to say I'm impressed with the build so far. 

#25 MrKnoe

MrKnoe

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks a lot just need to get some gel overlays for the badges and fit the fly eye kit. Bit sceptical on the fly eye kit but let's see how it goes.

#26 TomTitanium62

TomTitanium62

TomTitaniumTDCi

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Name: thomas
  • Ford Model: MK3 Focus Titanium 1.6TDCI

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yea i know what you mean about the fly eye kit, id be a bit 50/50. however I've seen it on other white fords (focus and fiesta) and it does look good. its not something i would do personally but i have to admit it does look nice. 

#27 MrKnoe

MrKnoe

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

ImageUploadedByFord OC1389039862.622498.jpg ImageUploadedByFord OC1389039903.561870.jpg Just a quick update I have had the liveries put onto the car and the fly eye kit was a no no it didn't look nice so came off. Had a Miltec turbo back fitted which sounds awesome. Next is the stage 2 Colin's remap then see what can be pushed on this fox engine :-).

#28 Dope_Diamond

Dope_Diamond

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Name: Owen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

That exhaust sounds awesome! I might looking into investing! Did it make much of a difference on your insurance? Also, how did you get it to show? The standard exhaust is hidden, so did you get the miltek to drop below the bumper or shave some out?

#29 D13 HPD 95

D13 HPD 95

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,605 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 1.25
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

That exhaust sounds awesome! I might looking into investing! Did it make much of a difference on your insurance? Also, how did you get it to show? The standard exhaust is hidden, so did you get the miltek to drop below the bumper or shave some out?

when i looked at my exhaust most aftermarket ones have slightly longer hooks on them so it hangs lower and can be stuck out the diffusor, with a little cut out made it looks epic!! :)

insurance wise just ask them and see everyones different, i didnt have to pay extra for an air filter or alloys, but i did have to pay more for reversing sensors so work that one out haha

#30 Dope_Diamond

Dope_Diamond

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Name: Owen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

i didnt have to pay extra for an air filter or alloys, but i did have to pay more for reversing sensors so work that one out haha

What?! That's nuts :')

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ecoboost, fiesta, mk7, project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users