Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Bonnet Release Key Lock Failed.

fordonlooker

Hi all.

My bonnet release key mechanism has failed on my 2003 mondeo.

Is this common and if so how can i go about fixing it please?

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers ian.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi , I had the same on my 57 mondeo, although I was pushing the release mechanism forwards it wasn't transferring it to the locking device. It turned out to be lots of sand and grease in the device. To resolve I took it off the car and gave it a damn good cleaning and it has been fine ever since. Tim

it is a common problem, if a good clean and a soak with wd40 has no effect try pushing down on the bonnet near the lock when trying to open it.sometimes the plastic internals to the lock break and the only option is to replace it,see the first link here.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mondeo+bonnet+lock&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&gws_rd=cr&ei=rzanUuPaK6aR7Ab-84HQBw#channel=fflb&q=bonnet+stuck+fix+ford+wiki&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

if all else fails, try getting a new key cut...the bonnet lock wears a lot slower than all other locks so it maybe just your usual key is a bit too worn to operate the bonnet lock.

no need for major expense, ie..keys with remotes/immobiliser chips..just get a plain key cut purely for the bonnet

Ok thank you all for input. Will investigate tomorow.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club