Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 Ford Focus 1.8 Starting Problem

Scouseford

Hi I have a 07 1.8 petrol Ford Focus Sport (keyless entry system) and I am having some problems, it has begun to have problems when starting the Engine, sometimes it starts ok and then I can get in it again and it does not want to start and can take 6 goes to get it going, I have also noticed that sometimes when I do start the Engine it seems low until I give it a few revs. I took it to my local Garage who ran a diagnostic on it but nothing showed, he rang Fords who said there have been a few problems with the1.8 EWngine and it could be a few things such as the Heat sensor and have advised that I take into Ford. Has anyone else come across this or got any pointers that may help ? Thanks.

This is also happening to my 56 plate 1.8i petrol. It starts fine sometimes, and other times takes ages turning over... I have had updated spark plugs put in... Services.. And checked my battery (would of been problem) but its turning so its getting the power... Nothing has come on the dash. So gunna be like finding a needle in a haystack... Unless I just wait for the problem to get worse and throw up,an error code.

I have been doing a bit of research and so far it is pointing to the ECT Sensor that are a common fault on the 07 1.8 Sport...anyone tell me where it is ? No engine warning lights are on which apparently sometimes don't show if it is the this sensor

ECT? not sure what that acronym is immediately (or at least off the top of my head!)

aaah, why did that not click! lol, have you got a Haynes manual?

I have got a Haynes manual for this car, and will have a look into this ETC... Hopefully it's the problem... However I don't want to start changing everything trying to find the problem, as its an endless money pit then... Not to pleased about Ford knowing its known issues and not saying what it could be for local garages to sort out... Rather than forking out god knows what an hour for Ford to fix their own problems! :(

Someone has told me that on my Model it is a Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor and not a ECT ? I haven't got a Manual...must get one !

most fords use a cylinder head temp sensor which also supplies coolant info to the ecu however with the 1.8 there are a lot of things that can cause this and the cheapest alternative is let ford find the issue on the live data otherwise youll replace part after part and in most cases give youreself more issues even the wrong battery will cause these issues as well as idle control valve faulty pcv valve collapsed vacume hose on the throittle body incorrect type of battery the 07 1.8 is still the same engine used in 2001

most fords use a cylinder head temp sensor which also supplies coolant info to the ecu however with the 1.8 there are a lot of things that can cause this and the cheapest alternative is let ford find the issue on the live data otherwise youll replace part after part and in most cases give youreself more issues even the wrong battery will cause these issues as well as idle control valve faulty pcv valve collapsed vacume hose on the throittle body incorrect type of battery the 07 1.8 is still the same engine used in 2001

Yeah your right, I was thinking about seeing if Ford could diagnose the problem without an error code... My mechanic initially said to leave it to see if it gets any worse and throws up an error code, otherwise it's like finding a needle in a hay stack, and can cost a fortune changing parts here there and everywhere.... I wonder how much ford would charge to find the problem... Probably an arm and a leg lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club