30 replies to this topic

#1 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hello guys, as you know I am Michelle and I am from Essex, I am 40 years old and have 3 kids, I have spent a lot of my 30s overweight and recently once turning 40 decided to do something about it and joined a gym, I have built up quite a good fitness level and also losing weight in the process, my Doctors Nurse approached me and asked me if I would like to be part of their team of ladies running the 5k Race for Life this year on 14th June 2009, I am filled with dread at the prospect of 5k but also feel that this year for once in my life I could actually achieve this and still be alive at the end of it.

Now I am not begging for your sponsorship, but if you would like to sponsor me and help raise money for Breast Cancer/Cancer Research (even 50p as it all helps), then please click on the link to my personal sponser page where everything is done online (can even use paypal) no money will pass my hands it will be paid direct to the charity.

Thankyou for taking time to read this

Michelle

http://www.raceforli...michelleperrett

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

Donated since i know of no other person doing the Race for Life! Good luck with it, although i think that there should be a version that involves driving 5 miles, someone needs to think of these things! :D

#3 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

I'm doing the Race for Life also but on the 3rd June running round the Silverstone Race track.

Instead of sponsoring you Michelle I'll stick an extra 5 on mine it all goes to the same charity is that ok with you?

#4 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

I'm doing the Race for Life also but on the 3rd June running round the Silverstone Race track.

Thats a dead good place for a race!

#5 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Instead of sponsoring you Michelle I'll stick an extra 5 on mine it all goes to the same charity is that ok with you?

Of course thats ok hun, its all for a fantastic cause, the more money raised the better, my sisters mother in law has beaten breast cancer but I have close friends whose mothers have not been so lucky unfortunately, so its something thats close to home for me.

Thankyou Micheal P for your sponsor

xxx

#6 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

Well done Michellle on your weightloss and your challenge. You will feel great once you have done the 5k whether you walk it or run it. Its a great achievement. xx

#7 Barnsey

Barnsey

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec 1.4TDCi (5 door)
Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

Donated since i know of no other person doing the Race for Life! Good luck with it, although i think that there should be a version that involves driving 5 miles, someone needs to think of these things! :D

Michael,
There is actually a car rally in aid of charity which I am partaking in this year and urge everyone to do. Its called the Sucata Run (www.sucatarun.com) and you drive an old banger from Normandy to Lisbon. There is only 2 rules: 1. the car must cost no more than 250 (those valued over this - will not be eligible for the prizes) and 2. raise a minimum of 1000 for gemin-i.org

If anyone feels nice enough to sponsor me link is below (sorry to jump on the bandwagon Michelle :D):-
www.justgiving.com/teammattandsteve

Michelle,

Congratulations... it will be an experience none the less. I PROMISE to sponsor you as soon as I get paid....how does 5 sound??

Barnsey

#8 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

As my wife Joanne returned back to work in March, after 2 years of chemo, radiotherapy and operations galore due to breats cancer, I'll gladly make a donation to yourselves, Michelle and Emily.

The Fiesta was a kind of present to thank her for her bravery and determination over the last 2 years. It's hellish watching someone so close having to go through that.

Emily, could you PM me on how you would like me to sponsor you.

#9 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

As my wife Joanne returned back to work in March, after 2 years of chemo, radiotherapy and operations galore due to breats cancer, I'll gladly make a donation to yourselves, Michelle and Emily.

The Fiesta was a kind of present to thank her for her bravery and determination over the last 2 years. It's hellish watching someone so close having to go through that.

Wow, what an inspiration she is. Thank you Keith, thats lovely of you. Will PM you in a sec :)

And Keith...who's this Emily girl?! Don't you know my name is Poohbear ;)

#10 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

Michael,
There is actually a car rally in aid of charity which I am partaking in this year and urge everyone to do.

that sounds really good ! i shall sponsor you once i get paid as i am now skint, but that sounds like a really good thing to do. Hope the car is comfy!

#11 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

Keith thankyou for your sponsor, I am sorry to hear that about Joanne, hope she is well now? it is awful not only for the patient but to those close who witness their love ones in so much pain and distress, the car being pink - sort of represents breast cancer awareness too! sincerely hope that Joanne is now well on the road to recovery xxx

I will also admit here openly on the forum that I once weighed 20 stones and was laughed at getting out of a swimming pool on holiday in Lanzarote. So to be now much lower in weight and have a greater stamina and overall fitness level, well you can see now why I want to do this, the help raise money but also for myself - a challenge!

#12 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

Wow, what an inspiration she is. Thank you Keith, thats lovely of you. Will PM you in a sec :)

And Keith...who's this Emily girl?! Don't you know my name is Poohbear ;)

Soz Pooh. :ph34r: :D

Keith thankyou for your sponsor, I am sorry to hear that about Joanne, hope she is well now? it is awful not only for the patient but to those close who witness their love ones in so much pain and distress, the car being pink - sort of represents breast cancer awareness too! sincerely hope that Joanne is now well on the road to recovery xxx

I will also admit here openly on the forum that I once weighed 20 stones and was laughed at getting out of a swimming pool on holiday in Lanzarote. So to be now much lower in weight and have a greater stamina and overall fitness level, well you can see now why I want to do this, the help raise money but also for myself - a challenge!

Not a problem Michelle and yes, at the moment all is fine with the wife. She has to go in and have another little operation sometime but fortunately it's nothing to do with the cancer she had, well, not directly anyway.

And well done to yourself, not only for the Race of Life, but for your determination to improve your fitness and weight, it's inspirational stuff and there's no bigger motive for anything than for doing something for yourself. The fact you can do that and help others as well is excellent, so a big thumbs up.

#13 Bashful

Bashful

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

What a great achievement Michelle, very inspirational, The Race for Life is for such a great cause as I am sure Keith and his wife are only too aware. Hope she is well on the road to recovery.

Will gladly sponsor you x

#14 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

Thankyou Bashful, much appreciated x

Been to the gym tonight in training lol x

#15 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Good luck with it Michelle, I've already sponsored a friend who is doing it local to me.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users