Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Race for Life

MichellefromEssex

Hello guys, as you know I am Michelle and I am from Essex, I am 40 years old and have 3 kids, I have spent a lot of my 30s overweight and recently once turning 40 decided to do something about it and joined a gym, I have built up quite a good fitness level and also losing weight in the process, my Doctors Nurse approached me and asked me if I would like to be part of their team of ladies running the 5k Race for Life this year on 14th June 2009, I am filled with dread at the prospect of 5k but also feel that this year for once in my life I could actually achieve this and still be alive at the end of it.

Now I am not begging for your sponsorship, but if you would like to sponsor me and help raise money for Breast Cancer/Cancer Research (even 50p as it all helps), then please click on the link to my personal sponser page where everything is done online (can even use paypal) no money will pass my hands it will be paid direct to the charity.

Thankyou for taking time to read this

Michelle

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/michelleperrett

Donated since i know of no other person doing the Race for Life! Good luck with it, although i think that there should be a version that involves driving 5 miles, someone needs to think of these things! :D

I'm doing the Race for Life also but on the 3rd June running round the Silverstone Race track.

Instead of sponsoring you Michelle I'll stick an extra £5 on mine it all goes to the same charity is that ok with you?

I'm doing the Race for Life also but on the 3rd June running round the Silverstone Race track.

Thats a dead good place for a race!

Instead of sponsoring you Michelle I'll stick an extra £5 on mine it all goes to the same charity is that ok with you?

Of course thats ok hun, its all for a fantastic cause, the more money raised the better, my sisters mother in law has beaten breast cancer but I have close friends whose mothers have not been so lucky unfortunately, so its something thats close to home for me.

Thankyou Micheal P for your sponsor

xxx

Well done Michellle on your weightloss and your challenge. You will feel great once you have done the 5k whether you walk it or run it. Its a great achievement. xx

Donated since i know of no other person doing the Race for Life! Good luck with it, although i think that there should be a version that involves driving 5 miles, someone needs to think of these things! :D

Michael,

There is actually a car rally in aid of charity which I am partaking in this year and urge everyone to do. Its called the Sucata Run (www.sucatarun.com) and you drive an old banger from Normandy to Lisbon. There is only 2 rules: 1. the car must cost no more than £250 (those valued over this - will not be eligible for the prizes) and 2. raise a minimum of £1000 for gemin-i.org

If anyone feels nice enough to sponsor me link is below (sorry to jump on the bandwagon Michelle :D):-

www.justgiving.com/teammattandsteve

Michelle,

Congratulations... it will be an experience none the less. I PROMISE to sponsor you as soon as I get paid....how does £5 sound??

Barnsey

As my wife Joanne returned back to work in March, after 2 years of chemo, radiotherapy and operations galore due to breats cancer, I'll gladly make a donation to yourselves, Michelle and Emily.

The Fiesta was a kind of present to thank her for her bravery and determination over the last 2 years. It's hellish watching someone so close having to go through that.

Emily, could you PM me on how you would like me to sponsor you.

As my wife Joanne returned back to work in March, after 2 years of chemo, radiotherapy and operations galore due to breats cancer, I'll gladly make a donation to yourselves, Michelle and Emily.

The Fiesta was a kind of present to thank her for her bravery and determination over the last 2 years. It's hellish watching someone so close having to go through that.

Wow, what an inspiration she is. Thank you Keith, thats lovely of you. Will PM you in a sec :)

And Keith...who's this Emily girl?! Don't you know my name is Poohbear ;)

Michael,

There is actually a car rally in aid of charity which I am partaking in this year and urge everyone to do.

that sounds really good ! i shall sponsor you once i get paid as i am now skint, but that sounds like a really good thing to do. Hope the car is comfy!

Keith thankyou for your sponsor, I am sorry to hear that about Joanne, hope she is well now? it is awful not only for the patient but to those close who witness their love ones in so much pain and distress, the car being pink - sort of represents breast cancer awareness too! sincerely hope that Joanne is now well on the road to recovery xxx

I will also admit here openly on the forum that I once weighed 20 stones and was laughed at getting out of a swimming pool on holiday in Lanzarote. So to be now much lower in weight and have a greater stamina and overall fitness level, well you can see now why I want to do this, the help raise money but also for myself - a challenge!

Wow, what an inspiration she is. Thank you Keith, thats lovely of you. Will PM you in a sec :)

And Keith...who's this Emily girl?! Don't you know my name is Poohbear ;)

Soz Pooh. :ph34r: :D

Keith thankyou for your sponsor, I am sorry to hear that about Joanne, hope she is well now? it is awful not only for the patient but to those close who witness their love ones in so much pain and distress, the car being pink - sort of represents breast cancer awareness too! sincerely hope that Joanne is now well on the road to recovery xxx

I will also admit here openly on the forum that I once weighed 20 stones and was laughed at getting out of a swimming pool on holiday in Lanzarote. So to be now much lower in weight and have a greater stamina and overall fitness level, well you can see now why I want to do this, the help raise money but also for myself - a challenge!

Not a problem Michelle and yes, at the moment all is fine with the wife. She has to go in and have another little operation sometime but fortunately it's nothing to do with the cancer she had, well, not directly anyway.

And well done to yourself, not only for the Race of Life, but for your determination to improve your fitness and weight, it's inspirational stuff and there's no bigger motive for anything than for doing something for yourself. The fact you can do that and help others as well is excellent, so a big thumbs up.

What a great achievement Michelle, very inspirational, The Race for Life is for such a great cause as I am sure Keith and his wife are only too aware. Hope she is well on the road to recovery.

Will gladly sponsor you x

Thankyou Bashful, much appreciated x

Been to the gym tonight in training lol x

I wish you all the luck Michelle,and Emily,I will be doing my one one close to home so I hope you will agree that the money goes to the same place,

I know how it feels guys and girls, especailly for Keith, as Joanne is getting over this dreadful blight on humanity.

I have lost 4 people close to me to cancer,two dear friends, plus my mother in law, and my partner

thats why i am single again, and wish now to remain so, no ties, cant go through that again,Its not

selfishness,holding the hand of my now late, mother in law while she passed,and my partner dying

in my arms,just tears you apart,its something i will never get over.

so to everybody who supports ,Race for Life, the Marie Curie Fund ,and the Hospices that help

thank you, and good luck and best wishes to all that are taking part, and the ones that help with sponsorship or donations

Kristal

I wish you all the luck Michelle,and Emily,I will be doing my one one close to home so I hope you will agree that the money goes to the same place,

I know how it feels guys and girls, especailly for Keith, as Joanne is getting over this dreadful blight on humanity.

I have lost 4 people close to me to cancer,two dear friends, plus my mother in law, and my partner

thats why i am single again, and wish now to remain so, no ties, cant go through that again,Its not

selfishness,holding the hand of my now late, mother in law while she passed,and my partner dying

so to everybody who supports ,Race for Life, the Marie Curie Fund ,and the Hospices that help

thank you, and good luck and best wishes to all that are taking part, and the ones that help with sponsorship or donations

Kristal

!Removed! hell Kristal, don't know what to say, what can I say!

All I can say is so sorry to hear that and I understand everything you say about not wanting to have any more emotional ties.

Kristal

Really really sorry to hear this! Just makes you think about what actually means something in life!

Kristal

Such a sad sad trail of events. My Mum had cancer about 3 years ago, thanks to speed of diagnosis and treatment shes made a full recovery. I cant imagine, considering how I felt then, how you must feel.

Really really sorry to hear that Kristal, life is so unfair sometimes. Big hugs and you must be an incredibly strong person.

Hugs to all those who have lost someone to this terrible illness. And strength to all those currently fighting it and strength to the loved ones looking on. ((((hugs)))).

I'm doing the Playtex Moonwalk for Breast Cancer research. 26.2 miles in my beautifully decorated bra. Its gonna hurt but its all for a good cause. Have fun all you Race for Life runners! Its a fun day :)

When I started this thread it was doing light hearted really just for me to make as much money as possible for cancer reaserch, why I didnt expect was to read such emotional posts and I have actually cried reading Keith and Kristals posts. This alone gives me the determination to carry on with my training and weight loss and make sure I finish the full 5k and raise as much money as I possibly can.

Big hugs Kristal xxx

Kristal

You have my deepest sympathy Kristal as I have some empathy as to how you feel.

Two years ago I lost my wonderful Mum--it is something that never leaves you and I still can't believe that I'm never going to see her again.

She suffered terribly towards the end but never lost her dignity and those images will haunt me for the rest of my life--not only have I lost my Mum but being an only child I feel I've lost a best friend as well.

Therefore I wish good luck to Michelle and Emily (or is it Pooh Bear)? :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club