30 replies to this topic

#16 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I wish you all the luck Michelle,and Emily,I will be doing my one one close to home so I hope you will agree that the money goes to the same place,

I know how it feels guys and girls, especailly for Keith, as Joanne is getting over this dreadful blight on humanity.

I have lost 4 people close to me to cancer,two dear friends, plus my mother in law, and my partner

thats why i am single again, and wish now to remain so, no ties, cant go through that again,Its not

selfishness,holding the hand of my now late, mother in law while she passed,and my partner dying

in my arms,just tears you apart,its something i will never get over.

so to everybody who supports ,Race for Life, the Marie Curie Fund ,and the Hospices that help

thank you, and good luck and best wishes to all that are taking part, and the ones that help with sponsorship or donations

Kristal

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

I wish you all the luck Michelle,and Emily,I will be doing my one one close to home so I hope you will agree that the money goes to the same place,

I know how it feels guys and girls, especailly for Keith, as Joanne is getting over this dreadful blight on humanity.

I have lost 4 people close to me to cancer,two dear friends, plus my mother in law, and my partner

thats why i am single again, and wish now to remain so, no ties, cant go through that again,Its not

selfishness,holding the hand of my now late, mother in law while she passed,and my partner dying

so to everybody who supports ,Race for Life, the Marie Curie Fund ,and the Hospices that help

thank you, and good luck and best wishes to all that are taking part, and the ones that help with sponsorship or donations

Kristal

!Removed! hell Kristal, don't know what to say, what can I say!

All I can say is so sorry to hear that and I understand everything you say about not wanting to have any more emotional ties.

#18 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

Kristal

Really really sorry to hear this! Just makes you think about what actually means something in life!

#19 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

Kristal

Such a sad sad trail of events. My Mum had cancer about 3 years ago, thanks to speed of diagnosis and treatment shes made a full recovery. I cant imagine, considering how I felt then, how you must feel.

#20 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Really really sorry to hear that Kristal, life is so unfair sometimes. Big hugs and you must be an incredibly strong person.

#21 jma78b

jma78b

Serial Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hugs to all those who have lost someone to this terrible illness. And strength to all those currently fighting it and strength to the loved ones looking on. ((((hugs)))).

I'm doing the Playtex Moonwalk for Breast Cancer research. 26.2 miles in my beautifully decorated bra. Its gonna hurt but its all for a good cause. Have fun all you Race for Life runners! Its a fun day :)

#22 stu8

stu8

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.25

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

i will sponser you dont get paid till friday though :lol:

#23 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

When I started this thread it was doing light hearted really just for me to make as much money as possible for cancer reaserch, why I didnt expect was to read such emotional posts and I have actually cried reading Keith and Kristals posts. This alone gives me the determination to carry on with my training and weight loss and make sure I finish the full 5k and raise as much money as I possibly can.

Big hugs Kristal xxx

#24 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

Kristal

You have my deepest sympathy Kristal as I have some empathy as to how you feel.

Two years ago I lost my wonderful Mum--it is something that never leaves you and I still can't believe that I'm never going to see her again.

She suffered terribly towards the end but never lost her dignity and those images will haunt me for the rest of my life--not only have I lost my Mum but being an only child I feel I've lost a best friend as well.

Therefore I wish good luck to Michelle and Emily (or is it Pooh Bear)? :)

#25 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

Sorry to hear that John xxx

#26 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:11 AM

I'm doing the Race for Life in memory of my great aunty who sadly died in November age 90. She was very very ill at the end but I was with her until she passed away, they say hearing is the last thing to go, and I wanted my voice to be one of the last ones she heard. :)

#27 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Sorry to hear that John xxx

Thanks Michelle--much appreciated.

Good luck for tonight's meet--I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

#28 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

I'm doing the Race for Life in memory of my great aunty who sadly died in November age 90. She was very very ill at the end but I was with her until she passed away, they say hearing is the last thing to go, and I wanted my voice to be one of the last ones she heard. :)

That's a very good cause and a lovely tribute for someone who obviously touched your life in some way.

Some of the girls at my work are doing the race and I always sponsor them..........no matter what. :)

#29 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

You have my deepest sympathy Kristal as I have some empathy as to how you feel.

Two years ago I lost my wonderful Mum--it is something that never leaves you and I still can't believe that I'm never going to see her again.

She suffered terribly towards the end but never lost her dignity and those images will haunt me for the rest of my life--not only have I lost my Mum but being an only child I feel I've lost a best friend as well.

Therefore I wish good luck to Michelle and Emily (or is it Pooh Bear)? :)

Thank you John and mine to you also, after something like that ,things are never the same are they?
Kristal

#30 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Thank you John and mine to you also, after something like that ,things are never the same are they?
Kristal

No, I'm afraid not.

Many times, just before I leave work, I find myself automatically dialling Mum's number to check if she's OK (being the only one, we were very close) then the realisation dawns and you suddenly feel very empty and so alone.

It just washes over you at undetermined intervals and I don't suppose that I'll ever get over it....................... :(

I'm sure that you know that feeling only too well Kristal.

Time's a healer apparently, but it still feels like it happened yesterday........................ :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users