• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Zetec S
  • Year: 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hello all,

I recently had my ford serviced for the first time, and one of the things I mentioned to the dealer was about map and software updates. The dealer kindly pointed me in the direction of there accessories ordering. To my discovery they want £110 to update my maps "Oh hell no!" (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9o19CaOSuD8).

Surely there has got to be a way you could update the maps at home. Anyone else had a look into this or have any suggestions. I found out that the maps software is Tom Tom so I thought surely there is software you could download that would be able to update the maps ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ford uses Teleatlas maps. Teleatlas is a company which is owned by TomTom. This is the reason why there is a TomTom logo on the SD-card.

The Focus MK3 maps can be bought from TomTom directly or from a Ford dealer. There should be no big price difference between TomTom and a Ford dealer. My experience is that the maps are often less expensive at the Ford dealer. Original maps can also often be found on Ebay.

As far as I know the maps can not be copied or downloaded. The satnav system has a good protection which until now is still not cracked.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: updates, maps, sync, radio, stereo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users