Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Have You Bought Your Ford For Christmas

Lenny

Carbon effect rear diffuser like focus zetec s, front zetec s bumper lower splitter.now run out of money to paint & fit & insurance upgrade fee .

Yunii

The rear diffuser is not a complete kit, meaning it doesn't have the wraparound splitter on lower part of rear bumper.which won't need spraying.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

R[attachment=11036:ImageUploadedByFord OC1387924288.892115.jpg all cleaned and dealt with

Forgot to mention the upgrade of replacing the single cd/dab sony to 6cd dab changer.not cheap these & hard to find.

Didn't buy anything for my mondeo, but I am giving it TLC and trying to find the fault thats causing my motors performance to go down, taking bits off and cleaning everything.

Sometimes the simple things can make a big difference. :)

• Like 1

Bought myself some goodies from clean your car. Been running low on quite a few things!

• Like 1

Just paid £52 for a service kit for my focus any one know any good engine oils for it it's 5w30

I thought about using comma or magnatec as some one said they are very good oils but thought Id ask u guys first

Magnetec is good but a lot more expensive and I have seen no difference between the two.

I've used Mobil super Fe on my old mk1.5 2.0 esp ,I rate very highly.

Yunii

The recommended oil is 5w30 magnatec fully synthetic.

5 litres usually does the trick.

Yer it currently running with 10w40 in it not me it's previous owner

I've used the correct grade / weight Comma oils on many different makes and models including VW PD engines and had no problems at all.

It's currently running 10/40 oil in it and is sounds rough as owt will this harm it at all

10w40 is too thin when cold and too thick when hot.

The first number on a multigrade oil is normally followed by a W, which stands for winter.

This number represents the lubricants viscosity under lower temperatures, giving an indication of how the oil will flow in the winter.

The lower the first number, the thinner it is at low temperatures.

The second number, which appears after the W, represents the oil's viscosity under high temperatures.

The higher the number, the thicker the oil will stay at high temperatures.

Using the correct viscosity for your engine increases engine performance, reduces engine wear and increases fuel efficiency.

In addition, synthetic oils usually have better low and high temperature properties than normal mineral oils.

This maintains protection while allowing better fuel economy and cold starting.

(Pinched from a Shell website) ;)

If its any help,

I recommend using a can of wynnes engine flush,

On oil change then refill with Castrol magnatec

I've done mine myself yesterday for the first time :)

Ok thank u any other things I should change to help the engine perform better

• Like 1

Ok thank u any other things I should change to help the engine perform better

If your focus is a 1.8 petrol you could upgrade the spark plugs to NGK iridium IX

I've fitted them to my Levin last Monday and the engine has become more responsive.

See my "snagglepuss" build thread on the page linked, I've posted a link to a cheap seller in the UK for NGK iridium IX plugs, bare in mind you need the correct size for your car, check the manual or ask the seller.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/48340-snagglepuss-build-thread-lennys-new-whip/page-12#entry315323

Teraclean is another thing that is said to work wonders on the engine and fuel economy,

Works on both petrol and diesel engines, the guys call to your house and the process takes up to 2 hours

Some fuel additive in your next fill can clean out the petrol tank,

When you have treated two tanks of fuel,

Get your fuel filter changed and you should also see a difference.

Removing and cleaning your induction system can help,

Care full not to touch the Mass air flow sensor though,

There quite sensitive and have there own foam cleaning agent as saw on "mightycarmods"

Other things you may be interested in are changing the power steering fluid,

Can make a difference to the steering,

Changing gearbox fluid can also make a slight difference to the response of the engine.

Mightycarmods also have a video on changing fluids worth a watch.

Im a bit scared of flushes/teraclean - old engines can sometimes be held together by the !Removed!/carbon deposits. Iv heard of cars being worse after it.

This year Im going to run cheap oil through for a day and then do the filter and put proper oil in. That should remove the rubbish but not too aggressively.

And btw, Halfords have a sale on atm, i got 4 litres of fully synthetic for £9!!!! :o

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club