Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance & Remapping

tom_d

To be fair lay off the guy. This thread is about advice on how to go about it the right way and what others have done in the past. Tbh if you've not remap and gone through the insurance thing your input isn't very helpful and I'm not trying to be rude.

Admiral isn't very mod friendly at all. They have restrictions on mods they accept. They do not insure cars lower than 50mm but they do not charge for lowering your car upto this. On the remap the problem there is no way to know how far the remap as gone and what damage it may cause resulting in a claim.

Although the right thing to do is to decleare. The right thing isn't always the right way of going about something.

From experience when an insurance company finds out about a mod you haven't declared they force you to pay for it plus some additional fee for not declaring. If the mod isn't something they do not insure declared or not then you may find your self out of insurance in the event of a claim if some how they found out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah when I was on the phone after I was told they do not insure it the man asked if I have done the remap already, I said no. He was like are you sure because if you have we would have to cancel you insurance. He was sounding very aggressive haha It was someone over at India I think so he probably couldn't understand me very well, I was saying no jeez calm down!

• Like 1

If people have remapped theirs who are you with then? No one has answered that yet :P or have not that many people mapped theirs?

Adrian Flux. The excess was higher but at least I was covered.

If you do a search for "Modified Car Insurance" you should get a positive result on google.

• Like 1

Cheers, I've heard good things about them. I did have a quick search last night but couldn't really find anything, I'll have another look :)

Simple rule of thumb is declare everything, If you have an accident and the insurance is assessed to be void then you will get hit hard in the wallet and courts will come down heavily on you whether the modifications are deemed a contributing factor or not.

I think greenlight insurance Re pretty good for mods too

Just had a look on their website, need to be 21 to be insured with them, not 21 till August, sucks being young at times haha

What you could do is contact various insurance companies to ask how moch more having the car remapped will cost, then wait untill its time to renew your insurance then have the car remapped when you change your insurance

You could buy a Superchips Bluefin now, then wait 'till you get your insurannce changed before installing it, if for any reason your insurance went up, you could easily uninstall the Bluefin (putting the car back to standard).

I was going to mention Adrian Flux, they work in conjunction with Superchips but are worth considering even if you don't use a Bluefin, but another remapper, the Superchips (company) Bluefin (product) is a known quantity, and is respected/ established in the industry

What you could do is contact various insurance companies to ask how moch more having the car remapped will cost, then wait untill its time to renew your insurance then have the car remapped when you change your insurance

You could buy a Superchips Bluefin now, then wait 'till you get your insurannce changed before installing it, if for any reason your insurance went up, you could easily uninstall the Bluefin (putting the car back to standard).

I was going to mention Adrian Flux, they work in conjunction with Superchips but are worth considering even if you don't use a Bluefin, but another remapper, the Superchips (company) Bluefin (product) is a known quantity, and is respected/ established in the industry

Yeah something I was going to do is just put my details into confused.com or some comparison website, then email the different companies individually and see how much a remap would add to the policy if they covered it.

Unfortunately Bluefin is not available for my fiesta, just the earlier models I think, Its a shame because I would have went with that as well. I think at the moment I will be looking at getting a Superchips remap or going to Big Fish Tuning, I haven't been able to find any bad reviews about either of them when searching online.

DO NOT USE CONFUSED.COM

Insurers can see you've searched for mods and think you'll be higher risk or not declare mods you've already put on. My friend had this problem with 4 different insurers.

• Like 1

DO NOT USE CONFUSED.COM

Insurers can see you've searched for mods and think you'll be higher risk or not declare mods you've already put on. My friend had this problem with 4 different insurers.

Uh-oh. I have used confused.com, I've always found they were cheaper than other comparison websites.

So are you saying that the insurance companies will see that I have searched for mods on my policy and will charge me more?

DO NOT USE CONFUSED.COM

This man may speak truth

That stupid if they increase the price because you've searched for a modded policy, shouldn't be allowed! Haha

I was about to suggest adrian flux myself.

I have heard stories in the past of similar sort of things with information gathered by comparison sites... I don't believe it but anything is possible and there is alot of info on the net about us anyways it would not be hard to find out about mods we've all done lol.

Stay clear of admiral is my advise if you are going to do mods

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Craig believe me you wouldn't, if you did you would regret it it. I take it as a person assault on myself and I have always paid for my insurance for many years. I have drove cars since the age of ten and bikes since the age of six, you don't know me and if you did I would not have a problem as everyone is entitled to there opinion but to judge me for a honest post is wrong. If you still have a problem with this pm me and I will give you my address so we can settle this how you would like.

just out of interest what modifications have you done and declared or not declared.

calm down fella i don't want a fight over a post on a forum thats just childish. all im saying is people should delare all their mod's or they are basicly driving un-insured.

you may have been honest but this is all over the fact, you said you have driven on the public roads in an un-insured car in the past by not declaring a re-map and i was just trying to make it clear to people they should be declaring all the mod's on their cars and like i said this wasn't just aimed at you.

not saying anything more on the matter.

• Like 1