• 9,984 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

Anyone with an exhaust muff and Nike trainers of course ;) haha

Should I phone em up and declare my sparco shoes,
The have a curved heal for easier pressing of pedals aswell as soft soal allowing for acceleration and brake simultaneously on right foot :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 georgen

georgen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 965 posts
  • Name: george
  • Ford Model: focus est 1.6 tdci lx
  • Year: 2005

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Should I phone em up and declare my sparco shoes,
The have a curved heal for easier pressing of pedals aswell as soft soal allowing for acceleration and brake simultaneously on right foot :lol:

Pmsl Lenny

#18 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,523 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

I also wear racing boots, especially on long runs. So much better control and feel, and to be honest far more comfortable than anything else I've worn. Just terrible if you go into a services and the floor is wet...

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,984 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I also wear racing boots, especially on long runs. So much better control and feel, and to be honest far more comfortable than anything else I've worn. Just terrible if you go into a services and the floor is wet...

+1
Fantastic comfort,
Mine can be saw in the mist jet washer fitting guide,
I bought them at a top gear show :)
There swade black and sandy sort of colour, go well with dark jeans.
Just a killer walking on gravel

Check me out yo

Image0928.jpg

#20 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,523 posts
  • Name: David
Contributor

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

http://www.demon-twe...ring-race-boots

Those are the ones I have, and from there too :P

Look just like normal shoes if out and about, but wet tiles are their downfall.

#21 craiglr

craiglr

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Name: craig
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Craig wind yer neck in, next thing you want to tell them you putting nitro+ in yer tank, that ups the performance doest it, dont sit there and dare say people like me shouldn't be on the roads on this forum cos I know you wouldn't dare if I was in front of you. how many cars do you think get remapped then Px in for a newer model, the dealer doesn't know, you dont know what do you do then, I know lets all take our cars to our local remap place and tell them our car feels a bit frisky, can you please plug it in and see if our mapped have being played with cos I need to tell my insurance company.

Final sentence removed due to language - b1g_dav3

No need for language like that on the Forum and it won't be tolerated, please keep this in mind for future posts.

Thank-you.

your having a go at me you said you wouldn't tell insurance and haven't
in the past for re-maps its people who do things like that who give all
car modifiers a bad name and what i said wasn't just aimed at you as i have seen others saying they don't or wouldn't declare mods on this forum.  Oh and yes i would tell you to your face cos its wrong people with un-declared mods have no right to use public roads as they are un-insured.

#22 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,984 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Look just like normal shoes if out and about, but wet tiles are their downfall.

Ow yes,
I got caught out trying to push a full shopping trolley around the isles in tesco a few times :lol: no traction to turn the trolley

#23 Chris95

Chris95

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 7.5
  • Year: 2014

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

car modifiers a bad name and what i said wasn't just aimed at you as i have seen others saying they don't or wouldn't declare mods on this forum.  Oh and yes i would tell you to your face cos its wrong people with un-declared mods have no right to use public roads as they are un-insured.

This is true.

Insurers mainly want to know so they can cover the cost of the modification, as usually the price/attractiveness of your car is higher, so if your car was damaged, or stolen you'll be covered. 

#24 georgen

georgen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 965 posts
  • Name: george
  • Ford Model: focus est 1.6 tdci lx
  • Year: 2005

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

Craig believe me you wouldn't, if you did you would regret it it. I take it as a person assault on myself and I have always paid for my insurance for many years. I have drove cars since the age of ten and bikes since the age of six, you don't know me and if you did I would not have a problem as everyone is entitled to there opinion but to judge me for a honest post is wrong. If you still have a problem with this pm me and I will give you my address so we can settle this how you would like.

just out of interest what modifications have you done and declared or not declared. 

#25 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Guys, can I ask we keep to light hearted banter please.

Physical threats will not be tolerated and any further threats will result in further action being taken by the staff.

On another note, I've declared all my mods in the past, even down to colour coded grilles etc... Didn't add anything to the cost as it's all cosmetic. I had a slight hike in price when I declared my tuning box on my old car... But nothing major!

It's always worth it, as some police will also go over the car with a fine tooth comb, especially ones that are interested in modifying (and believe me there are a few!) and will happily seize your car or prohibit it from moving until insurance is sorted.
Only known of it to happen once of twice but it has happened.

#26 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

To be fair lay off the guy. This thread is about advice on how to go about it the right way and what others have done in the past. Tbh if you've not remap and gone through the insurance thing your input isn't very helpful and I'm not trying to be rude.

Admiral isn't very mod friendly at all. They have restrictions on mods they accept. They do not insure cars lower than 50mm but they do not charge for lowering your car upto this. On the remap the problem there is no way to know how far the remap as gone and what damage it may cause resulting in a claim.

Although the right thing to do is to decleare. The right thing isn't always the right way of going about something.

From experience when an insurance company finds out about a mod you haven't declared they force you to pay for it plus some additional fee for not declaring. If the mod isn't something they do not insure declared or not then you may find your self out of insurance in the event of a claim if some how they found out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#27 tom_d

tom_d

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Year: 2012

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yeah when I was on the phone after I was told they do not insure it the man asked if I have done the remap already, I said no. He was like are you sure because if you have we would have to cancel you insurance. He was sounding very aggressive haha It was someone over at India I think so he probably couldn't understand me very well, I was saying no jeez calm down!

#28 tom_d

tom_d

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

If people have remapped theirs who are you with then? No one has answered that yet :P or have not that many people mapped theirs?

#29 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Adrian Flux. The excess was higher but at least I was covered.

If you do a search for "Modified Car Insurance" you should get a positive result on google.

#30 tom_d

tom_d

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Cheers, I've heard good things about them. I did have a quick search last night but couldn't really find anything, I'll have another look :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users