Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Blower Problems - Newbie

geedog

Hey all, had a quick breeze through to see if there was a common problem but couldn't see anything..

My heater blower on my 2007 (56 plate) has all but stopped, all LCD displays are normal - it thinks its working, but nothing or next to nothing coming out of it, fuses have been checked and are good. I had a long drive yesterday and there is some heated air coming out, but like I said very little and probably not the amount that normally comes out on the lowest blow setting.

Any common problems known that this might fall into? Thanks!

Pollen filter quite dirty but not made a difference. :unsure: Should I try the following..?

"On the E(A)TC module, briefly PRESS the "OFF" and "FOOTWELL" buttons simultaneously for at least 2 seconds, then PRESS "AUTO" within 1.5 seconds. The self-diagnosis which then starts lasts a few seconds. An animated display appears in the E(A)TC display during this time. Any faults found are displayed in the form of trouble codes. Example: First of all, "93" flashes for 2 seconds, then "42" flashes for 2 seconds - DTC 9342. If no faults are stored, then all of the segments in the display are actuated. The following table gives information on the possible DTCs and their corresponding meanings. Diagnosis mode can be stopped at any time by PRESSING any button on the E(A)TC module."

only problem - I don't seem to have a "AUTO" button..?

help!

just seen a mk3 2004-7 panel with a auto button on it, in the place where mine is a 'on' button..tried the above, nothing happened at all..barking up the wrong tree I think..

I said in earlier post there was a small airflow, I think that may have just been movement from driving, as theres nothing whilst stationary..

try pressing and holding the on and recirculation buttons?

thanks but that did nothing..

I tried it with heater off and heater on as well..

Right firstly remove pollen filter altogether there 3 little motors on side of heater box u need take them off an check none the door flaps broke then test blower motor if these all good more the likely climate control module needs replacement

Sorry for the silence, crazy busy season at work..so..this is what I see when glovebox is out , is what your referring to here ? There's nothing in the pollen filter area so assume is here somewhere..post-49020-138736689644_thumb.jpg

Sorry mick85, I'm not sure what you mean..pollen filter was under the bonnet..took that off already and did nothing. there was nothing that I could see else in that area..

which door you talking about? I had a pretty good look in the area I've pictured and am none the wiser! sorry..

Ok if Urs the older mondeo go to driver side footwell an there are 3 little motors on side heater box take these off an see can u manually turn the door flaps

yea, sorry its a 07 registered but the older style with a 56 plate, cheers I'll try an have a look tomoz

had a look in there, i can see some gears moving as well as hear each of the flap motors operating when switching between footwell, face and windscreen..or what I assume are the flap motors..I think they're ok, just no fan blowing it seems..

just took blower motor out, was a bit stiff so gave it a few spins, plugged it back in and all running ok for the moment…might give it a splash of WD40 for luck, but at the moment fingers crossed..thanks a lot for your help mick85

Ah that's great least nothin to expensive an yeah I defo would throw some wd on it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club